cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads not functioning

JZ909
Underground

I have a pro subscription but can't seem to get playlists to download to save my life.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro.

I'm connected to wifi, and also am allowing downloads via cell (though I've tried both individually as well). Data speed on both is not great, but acceptable. Certainly more than fast enough to download music (streaming has no issues)

I've given Pandora storage permission, and my phone has plenty of storage available (4.1 GB free).

I've cleared the app's cache and storage just to see if that was the issue.

I've been monitoring the app's storage use through Samsung's utilities, and it will change slightly if I add a playlist to be downloaded, but then stalls, almost like it's downloading some metadata, but not the music.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JZ909 Welcome to the community!

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

JZ909
Underground

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've signed in and out, and even reinstalled the app, and have left the app in the front for over 5 minutes. When I go back to check the app storage usage, it's the same as when I started, some amount less than 10MB, indicating that nothing has downloaded.

All the downloads have the green arrows (though it's just a still image, I'm not sure if there's some animation when the download is taking place). I've tried a single track, nothing.

Of note, when I completely reinstalled the app, it started downloading stuff that I had saved for offline listening a long time ago. I could see the storage for the app rapidly rising, and could see the old music with green arrows in the app. However, when I cleared this out and tried something new, the downloads stopped.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this issue. @JZ909 

I'd like to share this with our engineering team. Could you send over more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know and I can pass this along.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Lynnecw
Local Performer

I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung Note 4.  Just submitted the answers to these questions tonight. I was successful a few weeks ago, went to update playlist and the exact same thing happens.  I did all that you did too, get the green arrows, but nothing downloads.  Hope they fix it soon!

0 Kudos

hmichel9
Local Performer

I had a similar problem on my LG G4. I had several dozen songs downloaded (with no storage error messages). I tried to add 3 new songs and the 2 rotating arrow icons appeared but the download never completed or even seemed to start. I tried logging out and logging back in and now all of the songs I had previously downloaded show the 2 rotating arrows and none of them are actually downloading.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JZ909 @Lynnecw @hmichel9 I completely understand how frustrating this may be.

Have you tried updating to the newest version of the Pandora app to see if that helps?

If you still have issues after updating, please pass along this requested information so that I can share it with our engineering team.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

JZ909
Underground

Sorry I missed this, I was out of cell/internet range for a while and forgot to follow up. I just confirmed that the issue still exists.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
  • Carrier: Straight Talk
  • Android version: 6.0.1
  • Build number: MMB29M.S327VLUDS4ARF2
  • Android Security Patch Level: June 1, 2018
  • Pandora version: 1910.1 (ANDRIOD-TUNER 1910.1RC12)

If you need any more info, let me know.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JZ909 It looks like you are still on an older version of the app - please try updating to the latest version of Pandora on your device, and let me know if you continue to experience issues with this. 

lilspriggles
Local Performer

I am having this same issue with my Samsung S5

I have Pandora Plus

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @lilspriggles. 👋

Thanks so much for posting, and I'm sorry for the trouble with downloading your tunes. Looks like you have a Pandora Premium subscription associated with your account.

@AdamPandora mentioned this in his post above and I think it may be helpful. 

• Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. 
  • Could you try signing out of the app on your Samsung S5 and sign back in?
    • This will actually reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Let me know how it goes. 📲

0 Kudos