cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message When Trying to Delete Account

Draedog
Local Performer

Hello! I am currently trying to deactivate my account. After confirming my password, I recieve a message the reads something along the lines of "we are experiencing some unexpected technical difficulties". 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Draedog thanks for posting to community!

Do you mean you're trying to delete your Pandora account or cancel your subscription or both?

If you're trying to delete your account, you'll first need to cancel your subscription and wait for the subscription to end before you can delete your Pandora account. 

It looks like your subscription is upgraded and billed through Apple. If you have access to an iOS device, you can view and manage all of your subscription options from the iTunes Store with the following steps:

If your device is running a version older than iOS 13:

1. Open your Settings, and tap on your name.
  2. Select iTunes & App Store and then tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap View Apple ID. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  4. If you have more than one subscription, select your Pandora subscription from the list. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through iTunes, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  5. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  6. After making your changes, exit the iTunes Store.

If your device is running iOS 13 or newer:

1. From the home screen click on Settings.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap on Subscriptions and select Pandora. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through Apple, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  4. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If you don't see the Cancel Subscription option, you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  5. After making your changes, press Done.

*If you have any trouble with these steps or don't have access to an iOS device, please contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you. You can get in touch with them here.

When the billing cycle of your subscription ends, and you begin to hear ads on your account, you'll then be able to delete your account. 

Let me know how it goes. Thanks agains for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Draedog thanks for posting to community!

Do you mean you're trying to delete your Pandora account or cancel your subscription or both?

If you're trying to delete your account, you'll first need to cancel your subscription and wait for the subscription to end before you can delete your Pandora account. 

It looks like your subscription is upgraded and billed through Apple. If you have access to an iOS device, you can view and manage all of your subscription options from the iTunes Store with the following steps:

If your device is running a version older than iOS 13:

1. Open your Settings, and tap on your name.
  2. Select iTunes & App Store and then tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap View Apple ID. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now).
  4. If you have more than one subscription, select your Pandora subscription from the list. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through iTunes, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  5. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  6. After making your changes, exit the iTunes Store.

If your device is running iOS 13 or newer:

1. From the home screen click on Settings.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap on Subscriptions and select Pandora. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through Apple, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  4. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If you don't see the Cancel Subscription option, you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  5. After making your changes, press Done.

*If you have any trouble with these steps or don't have access to an iOS device, please contact the Apple support team and they should be able to help you. You can get in touch with them here.

When the billing cycle of your subscription ends, and you begin to hear ads on your account, you'll then be able to delete your account. 

Let me know how it goes. Thanks agains for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MusicFan1023
Local Performer

Did you read the question? No!  There's an error the same as probably tens of thousands of others experience.  Pandora is a disaster, not user friendly and you're losing customers hand over fist. Spotify here I come and only option is to file and block you as a merchant on AMEX.  Good riddance!

0 Kudos

Kbacon5karenb33
Local Performer

I'm not using apple either.

IOS is Apple Operating System

I am on Android Linux based phone and use Microsoft Windows and Linux Computers.

Is there any solution for people who do not use Apple products?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Kbacon5karenb33. 👋

Thanks for your message.

It sounds like you're attempting to delete your Pandora account. At this time, your account is upgraded to a monthly Premium subscription via Google Play. You won't be able to delete an account associated with an active Pandora subscription or free trial. 

I've gone ahead and created an email case with our support team for you. Someone will reach out soon to help with your inquiry. Please keep an eye out for their email soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos