cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Thumbs up or down in Pandora Premium

astrong1988
Local Performer

I can't seem to figure out how to thumbs up or down in pandora premium. Which drives me nuts since I'm not a phone or computer dummie. In plus the icons were just there and no longer with premium. I read somewhere that you have to swipe left on the now playing and it will appear. I've done that, nothing. It could be me, the phone, or that's just not the correct way. Could someone help me? Pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @astrong1988 You should see the Thumb Up/Down icons on the now playing screen for any radio stations, however, you won't see them on playlists or songs.

I've included 2 photos for examples of a what a Playlist and Station will look like. Freel free to send over a screenshot of what you're seeing. I can take a closer look. 

PlaylistPlaylist

RadioRadio

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @astrong1988 You should see the Thumb Up/Down icons on the now playing screen for any radio stations, however, you won't see them on playlists or songs.

I've included 2 photos for examples of a what a Playlist and Station will look like. Freel free to send over a screenshot of what you're seeing. I can take a closer look. 

PlaylistPlaylist

RadioRadio

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

astrong1988
Local Performer

I figured this out like a second before you sent this. Thank you. Lol. I think it's kinda dumb they don't let you do it on playlists. I I've been using top songs under specific artists, have been wanting to thumb up the songs and the ones that play on auto play.

0 Kudos

marciogutheil
Local Performer

So, how do you prevent a song you don't like from playing (anywhere, be it in a station or not)?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

👋 @marciogutheil

For Stations:

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb info, however, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like.

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to 👍and 👎accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

++

Banning / Muting:

If you're looking to ban (or mute) an artist or track from playing, we do have an existing feature request that you can upvote here.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Martha-bun
Underground

I can't find the thumbs anymore. They were on left & right of play mode. Now there's repeat instead of  thumbs down & shuffle instead of thumbs up! 

Played modes,no thumbsPlayed modes,no thumbs

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Martha-bun thanks for posting to community!

This looks like a playlist and Thumbs are not available on playlist created by you, other users or Pandora Curators. 

However, if you're listening to personalized playlists, like, The Drop or Your Chill Soundtrack you can still provide Thumb feedback.

You can Thumb Up and Thumb Down from the Now Playing screen on your mobile device or from the playlist's backstage page, just swipe left on the track you'd like to Thumb to reveal the Thumb Up and Down icons.

The songs you Thumb Up will automatically be added to your My Thumbs Up playlist.

Hope this helps to explain. Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Martha-bun
Underground

On my Galaxy S9 phone I get thumbs on the Now playing. On my Samsung Tab A tablet I get the screen I showed for Now playing. There's no swiping. Just a little while ago it had thumbs, now it doesn't. 

0 Kudos

Martha-bun
Underground

Thanks, btw. 🙂

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Martha-bun, just to be clear, you were listening to 'Three Dog Night Radio Thumbs Up' playlist on your Galazy S9 and it showed the thumbs? 

Could you take a screenshot of this for me?

Be sure it's the playlist and not the radio station. If you need help talking a screenshot, let me know. 

Thanks! 😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Martha-bun
Underground

You're right, it was the playlist, not the station. I got to the station on my tablet & the thumbs were there. Thanks!

That's very confusing. They have the same name. I wish Pandora would group stations & playlists. Or call it Playlist:Three Dog Night.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Martha-bun Awesome! 😃

Thanks for the feedback for the playlist naming, it's helpful as we improve our services. 

In the meantime, you should be able to edit the name of the playlist on your end.

Tap the Edit icon below the album art, then tap the current name of the playlist to rename it.

If you're in Edit mode, tap Next (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

Hope that helps a little! Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Negative9
Local Performer

Please please please please please make it so you can manually thumbs down songs you never want to hear again and double thumbs up your personal top 100... Ben a listener since about 2007, hate to switch now,  Sirius.