cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification panel icon

Fortinjlf
Local Performer

Running Android 11. Pandora icon does not show in notification panel when it is running in background. Occasionally it will appear and then quickly disappear. Have tried changing settings in app and system settings to no avail. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Fortinjlf. 👋

Thanks for your patience over the holiday weekend. 

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening - in case we need to share this feedback with our engineering team.

Let's try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here.

Feel free to let me know if you still notice this behavior after trying out those steps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Fortinjlf
Local Performer

Thank you for your reply, however I have tried those steps ad nauseum with no success. I had no trouble at all with it on my Galaxy Note 8. But my new Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has had this problem from the beginning.

I don't believe it is a problem with the phone, since my other music players do not exhibit this behavior. Their icons show up fine. But as I stated earlier, occasionally the icon will briefly show up on the notification bar and then quickly disappear. But it usually does not show up at all. Very odd.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Fortinjlf Thanks for letting me know.

Just to confirm, are you referring to the widget that would appear on your screen similar to this one in my screenshot below?

Screenshot_20191209-174940.png

Is the Pandora app installed to your SD card?

If so, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

0 Kudos

Fortinjlf
Local Performer
  • No. I am referring to the small icon that appears in the notification bar (upper left of home screen). It appears when app is on and/or sleeping.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Fortinjlf Thanks for clarifying those details.

• Does the music also stop when you notice that the app is missing from the notification bar? 
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

If you're noticing that the Pandora app does stop playing, I would recommend checking your Sleeping Apps.

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

Would you mind providing the following info so that I can share this with our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Appreciate you sticking with me on this! 🎧

0 Kudos