cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only play the songs in my playlist

Paulie71
Underground

Sometimes I just want to listen to the songs that I added to a playlist that I created. I would like an option to turn off suggested songs.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Paulie71! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message from our Feature Request board to our Android Board to help keep things organized. 

It sounds like you may have the Auto-Play feature enabled on your account. When this is turned on, auto-play will keep the music playing with similar songs when your album or playlist ends. 

You can manage this feature from your Settings. 

To view your AutoPlay setting from a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile and select the Settings gear in the top right corner. 
  2. Select Advanced.

To view your AutoPlay setting on the web:

1. Open your Settings.
  2. Select Content Settings.

Set the AutoPlay toggle to your preference.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being part of community. 🙂

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Paulie71
Underground

Hi TannerPandora,

I turned off the AutoPlay feature and this did NOT solve the problem. When I started my playlist, the second song was a Pandora selected song that was not in my playlist. I already canceled my subscription with Pandora. When I use Amazon Music, it only plays the songs that I added to my playlist. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Paulie71. 👋

Thanks for getting back to us.

What is the name of the playlist you're having trouble with? Is this a playlist that you created?

Let me know, and we can take a look to see what's happening. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Paulie71
Underground

Hi, my AutoPlay feature was already turned off. So this was not the cause of my problem.

It happens with all the playlists that I create.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paulie71 Thanks so much for your reply.

There shouldn't be any songs added to the playlists you create unless you click on the "Add Similar Songs" button. This will add similar songs to your existing playlist. However, this is completely optional. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 1.17.40 PM.png

++

• Could you send over a screenshot of an example as to what you're seeing when this happens with the suggested songs? 
    • To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
    • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Thanks again for sticking with us on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos