cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 3/31/21: "Waiting for Connection" Error Update 2012.1

ErinGoBrag2010
Underground

Good Morning,

I have switched to a new phone and when I try to open the Pandora app it is unable to connect whether I'm on Wifi or 5G data.

Model: OnePlus Nord N10 5G

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android Version 10

Build Number: Oxygen OS 10.5.9.BE86AA

Pandora Version: 2012.1

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 3/31/21

Thank you for posting your experience. 

We believe that this issue should be resolved with the latest version of Pandora, 2102.1.1.  

As this is now resolved, I am closing this thread from further comments. If you experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Thank you for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

57 Replies

Estone13
Local Performer

Issues with try again for connection...

Pandora error code 3005

Have re installed the application. Cleared storage and catch. 

Latest updates allowed data and wifi... Not sure what's going on 

Restarted my phone a few times.. what would I do with out my jams 😞 any one got any clue as to what the flipping hell is going on?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ErinGoBrag2010. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into that error message. I have seen instances of this error in the past but not with the newest version of the Pandora app. I'd like to share this with our engineering team.

Can you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Thanks for your help with this one. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ErinGoBrag2010
Underground

Screenshot_20210119-175706.jpg

 Here you go

0 Kudos

Jtall
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210119-201535.jpg

 second.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Jtall. 👋

Thanks so much for posting that screenshot as well. 

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

If you haven't already, I would also recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sending that over, @ErinGoBrag2010. I've reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 

It also sounds like this is a fresh install of the Pandora app on your new phone. If you haven't already, I would recommend running through the Android troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how those steps go as I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. I'd like to share this with our engineering team as well. Thanks for sticking with me on this!

0 Kudos

Jtall
Local Performer

Sorry, should have been more explicit.  The same specs... brand new OnePlus Nord N10 5G phone, same build and versions as the OP

0 Kudos

ErinGoBrag2010
Underground

I ran through all these troubleshooting steps prior to making my post in hopes they would fix the issue before causing a ruckus for you. Do you need me to try these steps again? 

0 Kudos

MK1024
Local Performer

I am also having the same problem with Pandora, same specs on the new N10 5G.

Also ran through the mentioned troubleshooting steps - no success.

I have always used Pandora but at this point I have installed Spotify with no problems.

I will follow this post to see if an actual fix is identified.

0 Kudos

Panhke
Local Performer
Hello, I have the same issue, same phone, same specs.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ErinGoBrag2010 @Jtall @Panhke @MK1024. 👋

Thank you so much for reporting this, and for providing your device information. I've opened an internal ticket with our engineering team to investigate what is causing this error message. 

For any new reports of this issue, please try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here. If you still have trouble, please provide the following info:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

++

In the meantime, we're now aware of this issue and looking into it. Any updates will be posted in this thread. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Estone13. 👋

Sorry to hear that you were running into this error message.

If you're still having trouble, would you mind providing the following info so that I can share with our engineers?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

macabob7
Local Performer

good day,

I am having the same problem as above. 

the only difference is that i am using ATT for a carrier. 

0 Kudos

TacoCat04
Underground

I have the same phone and have tried the trouble shooting steps and nothing changed sadly. 

Version 2012.1

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@macabob7 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

If you haven't already done so, please try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here.

If you still have trouble, please provide the following info:

• Model:
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TacoCat04 I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version: 2012.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

TacoCat04
Underground

OnePlus N100

Cricket

Android 10

Oxygen 10.5.4.BE81AA

Patch level Dec. 5, 2020

Pandora version. 2012.1

Connected to both 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TacoCat04 Thanks so much for posting your device info.

I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team. They are currently investigating this issue. 

Appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

alannyny
Underground

I'm having the same problem ... trying to launch Pandora version 2012.1 on my new OnePlus Nord 10 5G running Android 10.  It never opens, so I don't even get to sign-in or settings screens.  I get pulsing P, and eventually "Waiting for connection" and/or 3005 error code.

It happens on both Wi-Fi and T-Mo 5G data.  Both of these are working fine for everything else.

I've tried clearing cache and storage, forced stop, uninstall/reinstall, many reboots, battery optimization & unrestricted data changes ... nothing works.

0 Kudos