cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 4/1/21: Android: User profiles don't load in Find Friends menu

Tcichon78
Underground

When searching for friends, the profiles won't load. Keeps saying error to all.

What's going on?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
67 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @abrown. 👋

Thanks for the update. 

We are aware of this issue with that error message popping up, and our engineering team is working on this.

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

KayB17
Local Performer

Whenever I try to follow someone I just get a "sorry, looks like something went wrong" screen and nothing happens.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KayB17. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: User profiles don't load in Find Friends menu

Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they're working on it. We have an internal ticket open for this issue. Can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can share it with them?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Appreciate your help! 🎧

0 Kudos

Tcichon78
Underground

Same is happening to me.  It was fixed for a few weeks and now the new message is showing up. I'm using a Google phone. I cleared my catch and storage, re installed the app, wifi and mobile data is fine....and it still won't allow you to search friends. 

0 Kudos

Jydemcneil
Local Performer

Yes Apple users too. I’m having the same problem. Probably a glitch with an update or something. They really need to fix it.

0 Kudos

jennylynn3374
Local Performer

Same Issue. Note 10. Frustrating. Get a note: Sorry, looks like something went wrong. Yea it did. PLEASE fix. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tcichon78 @jennylynn3374 @Jydemcneil. 👋

Thanks for your feedback about this. I understand how this can be frustrating.

Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and this thread. Reports of this issue have been shared on an internal ticket with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread.

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Aprilgameros
Local Performer

Find friends on android doesnt work at all

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Aprilgameros. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble with the Find Friends feature. Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they're currently working on it. We have an internal ticket open for this issue and I'd like to report your feedback. Can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can share it with them?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

sarahmarie
Underground

Hello! I can’t search any e mail address in find friends, a message pops up saying this seems to not be working right now.

when will it work? It’s been a week..

thankyou:)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sarahmarie. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Android: User profiles don't load in Find Friends menu

Please check out my post about this issue here.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Congerkaci59
Local Performer

so it is a year later.......................................................can you fix it?

Es1
Underground

Can you check with the engineers and ask hiyw they were able to get it working again for about 3 weeks and now it's not. With technology nowadays, i cant imagine this to he that difficult of a fix. Maybe the engineers can reach out to a 3rd party to resolve this issue....??

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (02/11/2021): Thank you for providing screenshots and your device details. Our engineering team is working on a fix for this issue.

All updates will be posted in this thread. Thank you for your patience while we work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

MatthewLove
Local Performer

I clicked on my profile picture, then following, but I'm not able to see my friends in the list when I search for them.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MatthewLove! Thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I believe is similar to your experience: Android: User profiles don't load in Find Friends menu

We're actively investigating this issue. I'm happy to add you to our ticket. Could you please provide the following info for your device:

• Model:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thank you for your help and continued patience! 🙂

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Captain_T
Local Performer

Why is not this feature available for WEB Pandora?? Because it still does not work for the Android App

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Captain_T I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: User profiles don't load in Find Friends menu

Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they're currently working on it. We have an internal ticket open for this issue and I'd like to report your feedback. Can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can share it with them?

• Model:
  • Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

sarahmarie
Underground

This has been an issue for a long time! 
I have an iOS, when I tap in search bar to enter an e mail, in find friends, it’s say something went wrong. 
nothing happens when I search an e mail.

bummed this is still an issue!!

0 Kudos

abrown
Underground

Is anyone else getting a "sorry something went wrong" message anytime you do a friend search.  I was told engineers are working on this, and it has been months since this function worked.  Pandora needs to hire new engineers.  This is ridiculous!!!!