cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

TechnoTherapist
Underground

Issue persists on 2308.1.1 across all of my, and my girlfriends, devices.  We are experiencing Option 1 when restarting. 

Restarting my S23 Ultra or Galaxy Tab S6 has Pandora auto starting the player notification without music playing...

Randomly, throughout the day/night, we experience option 2.  Pandora notification will randomly start, and the app starts, but isn't actively playing. 

If our phones auto-restart, late at night, they DO start playing music when they come back up.  We've turned off the phone auto-restarting until this is resolved.

Same issues are happening on the girlfriend's S22 and Galaxy Tab S8 as well.  So that's four separate models/devices this is happening on.

We have cleared cache/cookies/history; restarted devices; reset Pandora; uninstalled Pandora, restarted the devices, and reinstalled Pandora.

0 Kudos

diverminh
Underground

Nope.  Problem still there

Your device model: Samsung A71
Carrier: Mint/Tmobile
Android version: 13
Pandora version: 2308.1.1
The approximate date / time this occurred: 10/02/2023 6:28pm
Restart phone and it is automatically running in background.
I swiped down and I can see the Pandora app showing but no way to close it.
It is not playing. Had to do a Forced Stop to get rid of it

0 Kudos

tdesimone
Local Performer

I restart my phone and have notification pandora is on.  Not sure if on in background. It is not playing.

Screenshot_20231003_061246_Chrome.jpg

Kman69
Local Performer

Seems to me an android or Samsung issue, not app. I uninstalled Pandora and tried several other music streaming apps as well as just a music player and they come on after rebooting the phone also, whichever one I opened last is what opens it reboot. It's not related to just Pandora on my phone. But it is very freaking annoying lol. And I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 Plus by the way.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Status Update (10/03/23) RESOLVED:

Hi all!

Thank you for your replies and follow up after the 2308.1.1 release. We have received confirmation that the issue with music beginning to play when your phone restarts has been resolved.

Please note: We understand that some listeners may see a persistent player notification appear when the Pandora app is closed. While this experience may have been present during the above issue this is considered a separate bug and under investigation.

For those of you who have reported the player notification in this thread you have already been added to our ticket. For updates or if you're a new listener who is experiencing this, please visit Android: Pandora player notification appears when app is closed.

Thank you for taking the time to post and for your patience.

*This post has been marked as the solution and blocked from further comments.

Pandora Status Update (10/02/23):

Hi all!

Thank you for posting your experiences. We understand how frustrating this has been.

With the 2308.1.1 release, we believe we have fixed the issue where the app would begin to automatically play music after your phone restarts. If you haven't already, please be sure to update to 2308.1.1.

If you don't see this version available for your device yet, please be patient as we continue to monitor our release schedule.

++

For those that are on 2308.1.1, we would like additional help to clarify your experience.

Specifically, if audible music begins to play after rebooting your phone. In some cases you may see the player notification appear on your mobile device, however, there is no music playing. While this experience is similar, we'll need clarification if music is actually playing from the device.

If music does not play, can you let us know the following info:

1. Is the player notification for Pandora appearing but the app is not actually open in the background where it can be closed?
  2. Is the player notification for Pandora appearing and the app is opened in the background?

If after the update music continues to play after restarting your phone, please post your update in this thread for us to pass along to our teams.

We appreciate your help and continued patience.

Pandora Status Update (09/26/23):

Hi friends ‌👋

Our engineering team is still actively working on a resolution to address the issue. Rest assured that your feedback has been instrumental in guiding our efforts to rectify the situation. We understand that this has caused inconvenience and frustration, and we genuinely appreciate your continued patience as we work towards a solution.  ‌🤝

Pandora Update (09/21/23):

Hey friends 👋

Thank you for sharing your device details as well as your experience. I've updated my original post and removed the request for additional device details. At this time, we've gather enough information to share with engineering team about this issue for them to reproduce. They are actively working on a resolution and a moderator will update this thread when we have more info to share. 

We're grateful for your diligence in spotting this issue. Thanks again for your patience. 🎧

Pandora Update (09/18/23): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for raising the alarm regarding this issue.

Our engineering team is currently investigating. In the meantime, all reports from this thread are being shared on an internal ticket with our tech team. 

Something to note: I've seen a few posts regarding the "AutoStart" setting available for Premium subscribers. This issue is impacting all subscription tiers; adjusting this setting will not resolve the issue. 

While we don't have any new information to share right now, rest assured we will keep you updated on this thread when we do. We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on behind the scenes. 🎧

Pandora Update (09/15/2023): Hi friends 👋 

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback about your experience with the Pandora app playing without being prompted. We've shared (and will continue to share) all feedback provided on this thread with our tech team. When we received updates, the moderation team will post them here.

We appreciate your patience during the investigation process. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ItsJay
Local Performer

No matter how many times I close out of pandora it opens back up by itself and starts playing music. No this is not when I restart my phone. This is all of the time.  How do you stop Pandora from constantly opening by itself. It's really annoying and I'm about to just cancel my subscription and delete the app altogether.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ItsJay 

Can you clarify if you hear audio playing through your phone's speaker or is the player notification appearing when the app is closed?

In the meantime, I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you send over some info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

traveler1
Local Performer

I've have this problem and have had it for a long time.  Fed up with it.  Please make it stop!