cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skips / Buffers on WiFi using Android 6.0

pegasus4
Local Performer

All stations buffer. Turn off wifi and airplane mode, mobile data kicks in, songs play. Turn airplane mode back on, turn wifi back on, nothing but buffering and skipping.

Webpages load just fine on the device in this configuration.

Pandora works just fine on PC on the same network connection.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Marshmallow.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @pegasus4. 👋

Sounds like you may be running on Android 6.0. I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's post about minimum specifications for Android devices here.

Another option is to run through the troubleshooting steps to see if this helps with the buffering issue. If you're able to listen using cellular data, it should work while using WiFi too.

Feel free to let me know how if those steps help. 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @pegasus4. 👋

Sounds like you may be running on Android 6.0. I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's post about minimum specifications for Android devices here.

Another option is to run through the troubleshooting steps to see if this helps with the buffering issue. If you're able to listen using cellular data, it should work while using WiFi too.

Feel free to let me know how if those steps help. 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

pegasus4
Local Performer

>Sounds like you may be running on Android 6.0.

Yeah, that's what "Marshmallow" means.

>I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's post about minimum specifications for Android devices here.

>Pandora Update 04/14/2020: As of Pandora version 2004.1, Pandora will no longer support OS 6.0 for Android.

Fantastic. Thanks for abandoning a section of your userbase with no upgrade path other than spending money on a new phone we don't need, some of whom have been users for the past FOURTEEN YEARS.

>Another option is to run through the troubleshooting steps to see if this helps with the buffering issue.

Did that. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

>If you're able to listen using cellular data, it should work while using WiFi too.

You'd think, but no. You guys screwed something up somewhere.

>Feel free to let me know how if those steps help.

No. No, none of this has helped. I guess I'll go try Spotify. Thanks for screwing us.

JAQJAQ
Local Performer

I am having the SAME issue. Songs buffering ALL the time. It's so annoying. I've now cancelled my subscription and switching back to YouTube, I'll give Spotify a try too.

dabignerd
Local Performer

Same problem with me. Nothing works. Only on data. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @dabignerd 👋

The current version of Pandora requires Android 7.0 or higher. To confirm the Android version you are running on your device, open Settings, General, About Device, and Android Version. 

If your device is running a version older than Android 7.0, you will need to update your device's operating system. 

For some Android devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for updates.

However, if your Android operating system is up to date and you already tried the Android Troubleshooting steps, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with us! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos