cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when you clear data?

bigbri822
Local Performer

I'm trying to free up space on my Android. My internal storage shows that Pandora is taking up alot of space. When I go to the app I have the options of Clear Data and Clear Cache. What happens if I clear data? Do I lose all my playlists, stations, songs, etc? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi there @bigbri822 👋🏻

Clearing the app will remove any old cached files. It will NOT remove playlists, songs, albums or station from your device, however, your offline content may be removed. In which case, you'll have to download any offline content you want to listen to, all over again. 

Let me know if you have any other question. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi there @bigbri822 👋🏻

Clearing the app will remove any old cached files. It will NOT remove playlists, songs, albums or station from your device, however, your offline content may be removed. In which case, you'll have to download any offline content you want to listen to, all over again. 

Let me know if you have any other question. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

314jasonl
Underground

Ummm. You didn' happen to mention the two MOST important things. At least to me. Thumbs up and bookmarks! If you clear App data will it wipe Thumbs and Bookmarks Please fix this app. All 10 of us old people who still use it are locked out with "timed out" message 3/20/2021!!

Thanks!

0 Kudos

lexmorace
Local Performer

After reading other posts on how to load albums faster, I deleted my storage for the app as directed by the Pandora help account. On all the posts it ensured your music would not be deleted and yet it deleted all 7 years of my music. How do I fix this? 

I followed this advice and it deleted all of my stations and playlists that I've had for 7 years. Clearing the app deleted EVERYTHING. How do I fix this?

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lexmorace. 👋

Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after clearing their app data. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically.

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

Are you referring to your collected tunes?

Your collection should still be available, but you may be required to re-download your content for offline listening again after performing these steps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

lexmorace
Local Performer

My whole collection was erased, both offline and online.

I cleared the app to help it load faster as suggested by every article I read and all the other posts on Pandora community.

When I cleared my data, it deleted every station both online and offline. It completely reset my account. I was assured this would not happen by every single community post.

How do I fix it?

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @lexmorace. 👋

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information. 

The stations / playlists associated with this account were all created on or around 05/17/2021.

In the meantime, I'm going to escalate your issue to our User Support team so we can take a deeper look to see what's happening, and gather more information. I believe you may have another account under an older email address.

Please keep an eye out for our email shortly. If you don't see it soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Heylvv
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Cleared data and all my playlists,songs,thumbprint, all gone, online and offline. What should I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Heylvv I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

johnsump
Local Performer

My question is what is the difference between data in the cache and data in storage? I don't want to lose anything and reading here that's a real possibility. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @johnsump. 👋

Cached data is information stored from a website or app that makes reopening that website or app faster. Cached data reduces load times, but that data has to go somewhere, so it takes up some space on your device.

Clearing the data can help resolve issues when the Pandora app becomes buggy or you have trouble streaming. When you clear the app data using these steps, you won't lose your account / stations / thumb feedback / profile, etc. In my experience, if a listener has lost any stations after performing this action, it's typically because they have a second Pandora account which can cause some confusion.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

Ru2
Underground

When you say "clearing Pandora" this doesn't distinguish clearing CACHE vs clearing DATA. Generally clearing cache helps some issues, and while clearing data may help others that clearing cache can't, clearing data is known, typically, to wipe out important things, varying by the app. Can you clarify what will be lost by clearing data (not cache)?

0 Kudos