cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: Recent tab won't load after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
173 Replies

bizzyb
Underground
Moderators..

Is there any info you can share? I mean you acknowledge the problem yes? Have your engineers identified the issue? When is the next update expected?

Pandora sound quality is far superior to all other services IMHO.. none of us want to stop using the service.. but this should be pretty easy to duplicate/identify.. what’s the status? Gotta tell us SOMETHING yanno??! Don’t be a Sonos! lol

Sent from my iPhone

SwiftCody
Underground

It’s Apple with their IOS changes. It makes it difficult for users to keep up with their constant fiddling with their IOS

Hate Apple music! I suppose that may be the underlying reason pandora isn’t working.

It’s not a Pandora issue, it’s Apple and their constant fiddling with their OS!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

gmattaliano
Underground

This is an issue whether it’s Apple android or Windows there are changes that are made to the OS that do affect software. now the question is that anyone at Pandora take the time to download the beta version of the new IOS and test Pandora with the new beta version to find out if there’s any issues that need to be fixed before the new IOS was released.

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Apple ios-18 CarPlay is the issue... I have tested on several iPhones (2 iPhone 12 minis, 15 Pro Max, 11 Pro Max, and 8+).  I upgraded a all to ios-18 (except the 8+ can't) and they all had compatibility issues with Pandora on CarPlay... Downgraded the iPhones to ios-17.7 and Pandora had NO issues with CarPlay.

Pandora should sue Apple

0 Kudos

Gdizinno
Underground

I’m writing again to see if there is any solution to the problem of Pandora with Apple Car Play. Sometimes the music plays but there is no display (visual) of song and thus no controls for fast forward, etc. All I get is a Loading message followed after a number of minutes with Cannot Load Content. Can someone help or is this a system-wide problem?

In my post I told you I updated Pandora as well as deleted then reinstalled. PLEASE find a solution or I will not renew and try to find another app that will allow me to play music (and there are a lot of them). Are you acknowledging this issue with the new IOS and Pandora? Is someone working on this?

And, I never said it was only in the RECENT tab!

0 Kudos

Jnice3
Local Performer

Same here.. nothing is working to fix it

0 Kudos

Ferrarienzov
Local Performer

They finally released an update!!!!!

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Ok, ver. 2409.1 seems to have fixed the "Recents" tab... But, pressing the same station cycles through the most recent stations so you don't know which station you're on and it doesn't go to the "Now Playing" media...

"Stations" tab is still having the same issues as before...

0 Kudos

JohnS27
Underground

There is an update but not one that fixed or made any changes to my issue which I assume is "our" issue too
Shame on you Pandora for not being more proactive
And doesn't Apple provide advance notice to upcoming software updates to allow it's partners the time needed to make and changes should they be needed
Shame on you Pandora for not being more proactive

Kind Regards,

John Strauss

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

Jerry333
Underground

The new update (Oct 8, 2024) is here, don't bother, it does not work! Nothing fixed, still not loading to My Collection. Once again removed my app, shut off the phone, reinstalled it and "Same old S%$#!"

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Underground
yay yay..The $1M question: does the update rectify the issue(s)? I don't
know...
Regards,
Chris Magee
0 Kudos

LGNEO
Underground

Upgraded to version 2409.1 of the Pandora app. Thanks for not notifying me of the available update Pandora 😠

So, the new version kind of works. Now, when the car is turned on and Apple car play initializes. I at least get the recent window that has shuffle along with my stations. BUT, it still does not switch to the what's playing and if you leave it on the recent window, you get the error message THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING THIS CONTENT. In order to get what's playing, you have to hit the little multibar icon in the upper left.

Keep working on it, you'll get it eventually. Just don't pull a Sonos cluster with the app please. 

0 Kudos

sontoun
Local Performer

Just spent an hour on the the phone with Apple as Pandora on the car play won't load after updating to ios 18! Apple tried to help unsuccessfully but says it is a Pandora issue as every other app seems to be working in my car except Pandora! 

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Opening Act
Not completely. Still getting an error message that there is a problem loading content on every station. I’ve migrated to that discussion board.
0 Kudos

Ferrarienzov
Local Performer

Yea it’s still not 100% at least I can listen to music but dang is it that hard? Still get this content cannot load. It’ll be another month before they update again, but by then be broken cause 18.1 hahahahaha

Yea coulda told you it was Pandora not Apple

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Underground

Well the 2409.1 upgrade worked for just a few hours. Back to where I was!!!

Maybe Pandora needs to pray to Hephaestus for a resolution 😉 

0 Kudos

mzbel1201
Local Performer

Yes and the sound quality is horrible too. 

0 Kudos

JNapoli710
Local Performer

I am getting an error message when I try to press the station.  It won't show me the song.  The issue is frustrating and is happening also since I updated ios18.

0 Kudos

SHorrigan
Local Performer

Same issues as everyone else! I have deleted and reinstalled the Pandora app on my phone twice. I am on the most up to date version of Pandora. Looked for updates for 2022 Ram and there are none. “Recents” won’t load and I get the same error message as everyone else. My phone is on IOS 18.

0 Kudos

JohnS27
Underground

I'm sure I speak for many of us who're experiencing the same issues thanks to Pandor's failure to address IOS 18.0 but I firmly believe that even more of us don't want to hear each new member to this thread regurgitate the issues we're all experiencing and the things they've tried rather than take a moment to read the thread or even a small portion of it to understand it's all been said. I wanna hear that there's a solution to the ongoing BS or even a strategic plan to pressure Pandora to do the right thing for us in the form of monetary compensation until this issue is resolved. It's not reasonable that we've all spent considerable time attempting to fix what Pandora failed to maintain. And I'm sure that we can all agree that money is one of the best forms of motivation when there's a problem to be solved