cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: Recent tab won't load after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
172 Replies

nccjones
Underground
Sorry everyone venting their frustrations bothers you.
0 Kudos

JohnS27
Underground

I guess I wasn't fair in my comments but I was hoping for answers and not multiple replies every hour with nothing new to offer
My apologies to anyone I offended but this **ahem**

Kind Regards,

John Strauss

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Everybody should open a support ticket... my support ticket is 10 days old... Their response is:

"Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved".   Pandora Care Team

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Underground

Ditto - starting to smell like another Sonos app fiasco. Appease the customer a little, and hope the complaints go away or the customer gives up.

Keep filling out the support tickets and flood social media with the issues!

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

There is a lot of complaints on other forums about Pandora and Apple ios-18 and a lot of other BUGS with Apple ios-18 CarPlay.

0 Kudos

Rsmith718
Underground

I’ve let my premium subscription lapse and will use Apple Music in the interim and possibly stay with Apple. 

0 Kudos

Casselh
Local Performer

Yes and i am getting burned out. Looking got answers i am probably xancelling and moving g to another platform 

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Opening Act
A bit too late now. Plus another issue is in CarPlay - if I pick a station lo and behold a totally different one plays!
0 Kudos

Gdizinno
Underground

Is anyone at Pandora still working on this problem. I updated the last version of Pandora, which is supposed to be a “solution,” but nothing has changed. Still getting no display of current selection, thus inability to do anything else. Music sometimes plays, but with no display of selection. Sometimes no music at all. Recent list not working, but all music selection also doesn’t work. What the heck is going on. Mine has been like this for weeks now.

JohnS27
Underground

You'd think that IF Pandora valued its customers that it would work with its engineers and Apple to resolve this. There is something we're not seeing - some hidden agenda, possibly on Apple's end to sway business away from Pandora to their platform.

Kind Regards,

John Strauss

++

You’d think that IF Pandora valued its customers that it would work with its engineers and Apple to resolve this. There is something we’re not seeing – some hidden agenda, possibly on Apple’s end to sway business away from Pandora to their platform.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and personal information

0 Kudos

linsayrb
Casual Fan

Ever since the iOS 18 update this hasn't been working. Under recent it just says Loading. I've restarted photo and car several time. I've confirmed that this is not an Apple issue. As a premium member I would have expected Pandora to handle this issue quickly. Looks like I'll have to switch to Spotify. 

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

OK Pandora Listeners... No matter what version of Pandora you're on, it's going to have compatibility issues with ios-18 CarPlay. You can wait (over a month already) for Pandora to FIX it OR you can try another music service OR try to make it work the best you can OR just don't listen to music while driving.

Pandora hasn't given me an Update on my Support Ticket in over 10 days (maybe i'll just go away).

They will collect subscription fee$ from Listeners and take their time to (maybe) FIX the compatibility issues with ios-18 CarPlay.  ios-17 works, NO issues.

They should have sent an App pop-up or announcement to WARN all Listeners that Pandora is having ios-18 CarPlay compatibility issues... could have saved thousands a lot of frustration. Sorry, to the people that bought $$$ the Latest and Greatest iPhone (pre-installed ios-18)

They should give Listeners a free month or upgrade their subscription for 3 months (or longer, depends on when it's fixed) as compensation.

0 Kudos

Toysammy
Local Performer

I updated my iPhone 14 promax to iOS 18.1 in October 2024. 
when playing in CarPlay it won’t load my music list . It shows an error “ problem loading.

I have to go to my station and manually select my station 

0 Kudos