cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDL "Waiting for Connection" 'feature'

WilKo
Local Performer

Since the recent Pandora for Android update, the app is attempting to connect via the Smart Device Link API, and it is doing so perpetually.  This had become truly annoying and I've had remove the app when not using the service.

Please remove this 'feature' such that it is clearly arbitrarily seeking an SDL supported resource.

Labels (1)
25 Replies

Silverbemr
Underground

I have an S10 it does this as well. The alert will just go on and off dozens of times in a day

0 Kudos

glemley8
Local Performer

Two years after Pandora said they're working to fix this, it's still an issue. Please fix this! I'm getting the SDL notification all the time. Auto start and launch from car are disabled. 

Pixel 5, Android 12

Pandora v2201.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@glemley8 I definitely understand your frustration.

Your feedback has now been escalated to our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

ClayCollins
Local Performer

I've been a very loyal paid customer of pandora for years, and even used them when they were newer, around the time of Slacker on my Blackberry.

I'm disappointed that this issue is still unresolved, even after 2 years of many customers complaining. How many more have come here without even saying anything. I normally fall into that category. I don't usually speak up. But this is quite disappointing. I know Spotify has gotten a lot of market share of streaming music. This unresolved and very frustrating issue could be the tipping point to get many to switch to another service... 

0 Kudos

RA28
Local Performer

I too are having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S21. I read on Samsung's website that they say it is caused by Facebook and the Facebook app. So I deleted the Facebook app from my phone. It does say if someone is using the Facebook app when you are near, your phone will try to connect to SDL.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203254/

I deleted the Facebook app and it went away for a week. This morning I went to link to Pandora in my truck and it came back again. I think it has to to with a connection to automobiles. The reason why I am thinking this is because when I hook to my JBL Bluetooth speaker to the Pandora app this does not occur. It only happens linking Pandora app to my truck.  What is puzzling to me is why Samsung says it has to do with the Facebook app. Is there a connection somehow?

0 Kudos

Fratopolis
Local Performer
  • Model: Pixel 6 pro
  • Carrier: ATT
  • Android version: v13 SU june 5th 2023
  • Pandora version: 2306.2.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Cell

2017 Ford fusion hybrid with Ford sync 3

0 Kudos