cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing new community badges!

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since the launch of the Pandora community, all of our members have done a fantastic job of interacting with and adding to our community of music lovers and Pandora subscribers, which is constantly expanding.

We decided to create a brand-new set of gamification badges to reward our most devoted music fans as we start a new year with fresh music and podcasts to connect with.

You have the chance to earn new badges for:

Community registration:

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.39.35 AM.png

Communiversaries:

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.39.59 AM.png

Number of topics started:
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.40.16 AM.png

Replies Given:

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.40.30 AM.png

Number of likes received:
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.40.49 AM.png

Number of accepted solutions:

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.41.00 AM.png

Number of ideas generated:

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.41.14 AM.png

Number of community visits:

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 11.41.29 AM.png

I sincerely hope you all enjoy the new badges, and I also love that since their construction, we've given out almost ~1,747,112 new badges!

Congratulations to everyone who now owns a badge; your accomplishments have been recognized!

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Tags (2)
17 Replies

TannerPandora

Congratulations!

TannerPandora_0-1674160986781.gif

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Troy17
Underground

I am new to this what does badges mean?

Tags (1)

Hartless623
Underground

They don’t really mean anything as far as I know - they’re awarded based on different achievements within Pandora. A way to show off how dedicated you are to the app 😜 There’s badges for number of hours listening to music, podcasts, and for how long you’ve been a subscriber. 

copaswilliam69
Opening Act

Can we get more badges for the free Pandora Radio listeners? 

karasmeme
Local Performer

Are there any benefits to collecting badges, ie: free premium subscription, etc?  If not, what is the point?

SansVarnic
Underground

This is a cool idea.

sundaysinjuly
Diamond in the Rough

Thanks for the intro of the badges! 

@karasmeme Typically badges display your accomplishments and milestones. I have badges in other apps that I use but there usually isn’t anything free associated with it that I’ve noticed. This is a good idea though, the more you participate and helpful you are on community, maybe some free Premium time could be given.  

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Troy17 @Hartless623 @copaswilliam69 @karasmeme @SansVarnic As @sundaysinjuly so eloquently said above, badges are a way of displaying your accomplishments and milestones not only within the Pandora product (100 Listening Hours badge) BUT ALSO within here, the Pandora Community (Posting, receiving likes, receiving accepted solutions, etc). 

@sundaysinjuly @karasmeme That's a great idea! I'll be on the lookout for those who are the most engaged on here to figure out a good structure for a program to give out some perks like free premium for X period of time. Great idea for me to think through. Thanks for sharing.

It's a fun way to gamify your community experience. I hope I start to see some new faces on the leaderboards on the community homepage!

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

@ErickPandora Thanks for the new badges, friend. This is a great idea that you came up with. Hopefully it will get more or bring more people into the community. 

I hope you and your family are doing well my friend. Take care @ErickPandora and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

youcandobetter
Opening Act

wow i got some of them

Travlin
Underground

Wow 1.7 million participation trophies. I feel fulfilled.

petersteele111
Underground

I'd really like to see a 15 year badge. The gap between 10 and 20 is quite large compared to the other badges available. You have a 1, 5, 10, and 20 but I think there should really be a 15 in there. I signed up in 2008 and it will be another 5 years before we get another badge at this point for that. I think 15 is a pretty good middle ground to differentiate those that have been around since 2008 and those that came after.  2008 after all was when pandora really started becoming mainstream and starting to take off, numbers wise. Just a suggestion 🙂 

I'd also really like to see a 1000+ hours listening badge for music as well or a 500, 750, 1000 badge just for music only not combined listening. 

Peter Steele

sundaysinjuly
Diamond in the Rough

I agree, @petersteele111. Great suggestion! 

Nitrohead50
Diamond in the Rough

The year end review was way cooler.

I really miss not getting my what I loved in 2022 play list.

LordGenesis
Underground

Agreed. I have stations I regularly listen to that I created in 2008 and my next milestone is 5 years away as well. Though I would prefer some of the backlog of feature updates be addressed...

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I noticed I had gotten some new ones before -- at least ones I had never seen. Feels good to be included. Kind of like participation trophies. Everyone needs some positive vibes.

Nitrohead50
Diamond in the Rough

I was just looking at the badges and realized I will never earn most of them. I never listen to pod casts.  I've been a premium subscriber since it launched so I'll never get credit for the free and plus accounts which I have used in the past. And my listening hours are way beyond the badges so to me they are a waste of time to pay attention to.

0 Kudos