cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

@AJink89e nice to meet you, you can add this as your lifesaver if you so choose to do so.

download.jfif MOHLovesAlaska Created Playlist enjoy the music. Hope to see you around the community more. 

Take care @AJink89e and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

troutat77
Local Performer

Good Afternoon Fellow Music Lovers, My name is Alex and I live in Virginia and married and have been for eight years. However we have been together for going on 23 years and just in case there’s someone like myself who thought when Gay marriage got passed it was stupid because I thought the rate of divorce would be extremely high, here is living proof, and believe me our life has not been easy by all means!! While we don’t have “kids “ we do have an animal son, named Tango!! He is a chihuahua and he is 16 year old!!

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @troutat77 

Thanks for posting and being a part of the Community, glad to see you here!

If you have any questions or want to join a discussion feel free to post on any of the discussion boards!

Hope to see you around!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Gage234-24
Opening Act

I love dogs and would like to tell u something about chihuahua's their protective of their owner

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough
  • Name?  Frost
  • Where you're from?  Every corner + Central USA, but originally southern Georgia
  • Favorite genre of music?  From Reggae to Rock, Dubstep to certain opratic, Jazz & Classical, ...a better question would probly be 'which genre is my LEAST favorite': gotta be most of that that sappy, twangy ol' country stuff...  & "Big Band".  Not a fan, but to each his own!  ...I did love that "Life is a Highway" piece used in Cars that I think was done by Rascal Flatts, but maybe that's what they call Pop-Country?(some don't consider that to be real country)  I dunno.
  • What you're currently listening to?  The hum of the nearby mini fridge, the much lower hum of the inner workings of the dam I'm safeguarding, passing traffic, tinnitus, & the winds of the surrounding storm.   ...But I'd love to be listening/singing along to Bruno Mars' "Count On Me" or Chris Stapleton's version of "Tennessee Whiskey." GOOD stuff!  Connection via mobile network is pretty garbage here + don't have unlimited data, so not using any data-heavy services ATM.
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service?  Generally, though it's definitely got its issues, I'd say it's the fair job it does at playing a style of music one can usually guide without too much trouble. (though what it plays when creating a channel from Andrew Huang's '20Hz' piece sounds NOTHING like that piece.  It's like it's looking mostly at the few albums Andrew's got on this platform, instead of the sound of the 20Hz piece.  Probly a 'one-off' -shrugs-)

Tried this service years ago, even tried a paid tier once(not sure if they had more than one back then or not).  Started up again & can't remember why, but probly cuz I can't find anything that does quite what Pandora does.  I wish I felt better about the mobile app's set of permissions(super sketch) though.  That's my primary use case.(phone vs PC system)

Had a pretty rocky start here recently, though I see there's certainly potential in this community.  Hoping I stop feeling like I'm dodging eggshells with my steps soon & can see more interaction with the members.  Here's to the future! ^_^

ChaplainHowardS
Opening Act

S. Howard Schwartz, age 84, born and reared in Miami, FL, listening to jazz and playing cornet in marching band through high schools in FL, CT, WI, and back at Miami Senior HIgh, then for 2 years in teh ROTC marching band for drills.  I love relaxed jazz ballads and disxieland.  But I"ve never had the  oportunity to play in a comnbo or bigger band since graduating the U of Florida in June 1960.  In March 2000 I retired from the US Army, as a Jewish Chaplain (MAJOR).  I substitute taught in high school for a while, did work with adolescents, and then became a hospice chaplain, before retiring to Greenville, SC, to be near my wife's favorite family.  I sitll love big band jazz by Stan Kenton, Count Basie, and Sammy Nestico and piano jazz by everyonoe from Earl Hines through Fats Waller, Marion McPartland, Oscar Peterson, Dave Brubeck, Hank Jones, Barry Harris, Phineas Newborn, Cedar Walton, Beegie Adair,  Joe Pass, and a host of other instrumentalist from Tommy Dorsey's incompraable "Gettin' Sentimental Over You", one of the most beautiful solos on any instrument in music history! to Django Reinhardt. who was remarkable as well; Louis Armstrong & Ruby Braf.  I've omitted 100s here. love!

Gage234-24
Opening Act

who? Gage Kingery

where you from? Easley SC

Favorite genre? Rap old like Eminem and pop.

Favorite artist? Matty B.

Favorite feature: Being able to like songs and receive recommendations based on those likes 

GeraldPandora

Howdy 👋 to @FrostLab, @ChaplainHowardS, & @Gage234-24!

Thank you for your introductions and welcome to the community! So glad to see fellow music enthusiasts join our community and share their experiences discovering or re-discovering music they love!

Please feel free to join any of our discussion boards or if you have any questions about using Pandora check out our support threads!

Can't wait to see y'all around the Community, happy listening! 🎧🎶

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Gage234-24
Opening Act

thank @GeraldPandora for everything

ChaplainHowardS
Opening Act

I don't recall how many years ai've enjoyed Pandora for jazz, but it's only  fraction of the over 80 years that my family, beginning with my dad born in 1904, has been listening and enjoying great jazz.  Jelly Roll MOrton, Louis Armstrong, Kid Ory, Pete Fountain, dozens of others, Paul Whiteman, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Ear Hines, Fats Waller, Tommy Dorsey, then Dave Brubeck, Phineas Newborn, Oscsr Peterson, Marion McPartland, Hank Jones, dozens of others, Ruby Braf, Stan Gets, Kai Winding, J.J. Johnson, Paul Desmond, Stan Kenton, and Sammy Nestico.  I spend time relaxing almost every day to Pandora music, and especially love beautiful ballads by artists who appreciate them and play them lyrically.  I wish I could find a few local musicians in Greenville, SC, who would lile to play relaxed jazz that way with me on my cornet.

Tone_210_Tx
Local Performer

What's up ppl I'm Tone_210_Tx from San Antonio a long time listener I listen to gangster rap .I like the feature that you can shuffle all your stations that's pretty cool it gives flavor I say so you won't get worn out of the same music . I just turned 43 on Halloween and music sets my and my mind free along with stress and BS that troubles me thanks and God bless.💯💯😎😎

ToneCity OneDeep ALLDAY

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy belated and welcome to the Community, @Tone_210_Tx!

Looking forward to seeing you around more. 😎 

Claudiaguiselac
Local Performer

IMG_166854695958F.jpg

Hii I'm a  100 nt fake not perfect  no one is I'm so sorry if I offended  some one if I did   I'm a single mom with two children a beautiful  mom a sister 3 brother I love to sing I live to rap dance there some tings people  men  have talk I'm here now les talk  OK doing if u guys want  OK please have respect at 800pm

Leilaloha
Underground

20220725_192509.jpg

 hi, I'm Leila. I'm from Wisconsin. My favorite kind of music is the 80's. I'm currently listening to the Weeknd. My favorite feature is creating the perfect station by liking and disliking songs.

Indictive
Opening Act
  • Name? Larry
  • Where you're from? Redondo Beach, CA. USA
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Grunge
  • What you're currently listening to? Alice in Chains - Nutshell
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? I'm a noob, idk. Give me some time and I will get back to you on that.
It amazes me how SO many people can be SO wrong every Single day. Larry Frederick

Indictive
Opening Act

I forgot to add a pic. It's never to late.

I'm feeling blue these days.jpg

It amazes me how SO many people can be SO wrong every Single day. Larry Frederick

@Indictive, and @Leilaloha great introductions...I hope to see more of you here in the Pandora community...Here is my favorite playlist I hope you enjoy the music...it has a little bit of everything.

download.jfifMOHLovesAlaska Created Playlist

Enjoy the music, take care, and stay safe...

MOHLovesAlaska

Lionsjb
Local Performer

Hi my name is jody baker. I am from tipton Michigan. I love listening to shinedown, nickelback, therory of a deadman,linkin park, hope everyone is having a great day.

Thanks jody

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Greetings Pandora Community! I'm not new to the community but I've been away for a few months. I just wanted to reintroduce myself to anyone who may be new since I was last on. 

I'm from South Carolina and music has always been an important part of my life since I was a young child. I listen to a variety of music with country, pop, R&B and rock from the last 42 years to the present. 

While I have been away, I reached my 9 year mark in July. I started as a free member and would later upgrade. For over a year I've had the Family Premium package which is great for families. 

I am quite disappointed to learn that Pandora has discontinued the Playback feature that allows you to see your top played music of the year. I don't plan on leaving Pandora over this but I'm very unhappy and would love for someone to explain why this feature was discontinued.

Anyway, I'll be popping in from time to time and commenting occasionally. I look forward to running into a friend from the community: @MOHLovesAlaska . Enjoy your music.

@UncleBud how have you been friend? It certainly has been a long while...I do hope all is well and good for you...I hope you have had a great Thanksgiving friend...I hope to hear from you again soon...Please take care and stay safe friend...

MOHLovesAlaska