cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

sylviakris
Local Performer

I'm Sylvia and live in Texas i have been a pandora listener using this.same account since 2004 and i i think 10 years of algorithm listening history kinda becomes part of you (online id like a thumbprint)  if that makes sense? me and my tastte faithfully use this app gave me the best memories and new suggestions that become a favorite. 

Sylvia follow me Screenshot_20230227-182508_Pandora.jpg

sylviakris
Local Performer

I am a new fan of highly suspect because pandora knows what to play next i would of never heard Matisyahu or similar on the stations here and i feel bad for people who dont get ro experience new ear orgasms thanks to pandora 

Psymane
Local Performer

Rap and metal hard rock. Dark. Heavy. Chill. Bipolar. 

Psymane
Local Performer

Huge fan of early 311. The first 3 albums. Have a good one.

MarkInTheGarden
Local Performer

Hello everyone. I'm Mark from the music group Piper. My handle is MarkInTheGarden (long story). My buddy, Charlie and I are old bandmates. We played in various groups during the 1970's and early '80's. We've been best friends for more than 50 years, working together again now that our careers have ended.

We are both multi-instrumentalists working out of our home studios. I'm in Florida (and Kentucky part-time) and Charlie is in Arizona. We write/record in many genres - Contemporary Christian, Rock, Country Rock, Smooth Jazz, etc. We've created a couple of playlists for your enjoyment - PiperMuzic and Piper Faves.

Please visit our website, for more information about us and our goals.

• Name?   Mark and Charlie
  • Where you're from?  FL and AZ
  • What your favorite genre of music is?  Too many to list here.
  • What you're currently listening to?  Again, too varied to list.
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?  We've just discovered this community but, it looks like it will be one of our favesHey, everyone!!Hey, everyone!!

Moderator Edit: Link sharing

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Thanks for introducing yourselves @sylviakris@Psymane, & @MarkInTheGarden!

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first posts!

We're happy to have you all be a part of the Community and as fellow music lovers, love to hear your opinion/experiences with music!

Please feel free to roam around the Community and join any discussion that may interest you. In addition, if you're experiencing any issues with the Pandora website/app please visit our support space and ask away!

Hope to see you all around more! Happy listening! :pandora:

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

jgwopfrigid
Opening Act

what's up everyone 

they call me  jgwopfrigid 

hiphop

https://pandora.app.link/KZk4jLBCKwb which is superfire 

artist feature 

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Hey @jgwopfrigid, welcome to the Pandora Community Forums!  😄

Brett-Axell
Underground
  • Name? Brett Axell
  • Where you're from? Port Saint Lucie, FL
  • What your favorite genre of music is? All Music
  • What you're currently listening to? BLAQ GENIUS, Beyoncé, Due Lipa, Kevin Gates
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? I like how the artist can leave a personal message. A communication additive.

shellycoolsingr
Underground
Hello. I am listening to some of the ones you listed. I have been on a
journey to fix my Brand. I do love Rnb and jazz plus dance.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Brett-Axell @shellycoolsingr. 👋

Thanks so much for joining the Pandora Community - we're happy to have you. 

You can check out my introduction here: Meet Alyssa

Our newest playlist challenge can be found here: Challenge #35: “The” Playlist

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

gcha8e
Local Performer

Hello,

I'm a 44 year old dad of a 13 year old with musical talent, but also a body image problem.  I'm creating an account that will be monitored and supervised to hopefully eliminate sexualized content.

I'd like to explore playlists and curated modes so that I can set up the account with algorithms in place for the account that will facilitate this.  I want to give my kid the ability to have a music app and perhaps even access it via Alexa and have unrestricted access to those playlists.

thanks for any assistance.

Tags (2)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @gcha8e. 👋

Thanks so much for your post - we're happy to have you join the Pandora Community!

We have family friendly stations that you may be interested in sharing with your teenager, I've included some below. You can also check out: Family Time Stations on Pandora

500W_500H.jpg

Fam Jams RadioAll your movie pop kid favorites and more!

500W_500H-1.jpg

Family Road TripFor the morning commute or the weekend trip, make the miles go faster with sing-along classic rock, reggae, pop rock, timeless children's favorites and family-friendly current hits.

500W_500H-2.jpg

Happy RadioWe saw a study that found that people who intentionally listened to upbeat music improved their moods and happiness in just two weeks, so we created Happy Radio with strictly upbeat tunes! Keep smiling!

++

Explicit Content Settings:

You are welcome to restrict Pandora from displaying ads or playing songs on stations with explicit language by managing your Explicit Content settings.

Keep in mind that, it doesn’t apply to podcasts, playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora when upgraded to Premium or when enjoying Premium AccessHowever, you can identify podcasts or content with explicit language by a red “E” label in the episode title.

Hope to see you around the community space. Feel free to tag me (@AlyssaPandora) if you need assistance or have questions, or just want to chat about music. :pandora: 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

gcha8e
Local Performer

This is fantastic!   Thank you so much!  I'm really enjoying the app and getting it ready for bonding with her over music.

Rickyboomhower
Local Performer

20211010_121538.jpg

 Richard. south new Berlin upstate NY. I'm a metal head. Listing to bring me the Horizon parasite Eve

I like it don't shut down and it has all the music I like. It's nice when your ripping through the woods on your four-wheeler and Pandora keeps ya jamming. 

Richard Macumber

Twistedme
Underground

IMG-20230329-WA0003.jpg

my name is Allen from Illinois. Right now I'm listening to Boston... Nice to meet everyone 

JohnWick
Underground

Name: Sophie

Where I'm from: Texas

What my favorite genre of music is: Lots of different

What I'm currently listening to: Pop

A favorite feature of Pandora: not too sure

TheBrandonDavis
Local Performer
Kudos!!

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Pandora Community! It's great to see so many new faces here, and I'm excited to have you all on board.

@gcha8e, it's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the app and using it to bond over music! Music has such a unique ability to bring people together, and we're glad Pandora can be a part of that experience for you.

@Rickyboomhower Richard, welcome to the community! It's great to have another metalhead in the mix. It sounds like you really know how to have a good time with Pandora while you're out on your four-wheeler. Keep on jamming and enjoy Bring Me The Horizon!

@Twistedme, Allen, welcome! Listening to Boston is always a classic choice. We hope you continue to enjoy their music and find even more artists you love through Pandora. It's nice to meet you too!

@JohnWick, Sophie, greetings from Texas! It's awesome that you're open to various genres of music. Keep exploring, and you're bound to find more features of Pandora that you'll love. Feel free to ask any questions or share your thoughts with us here in the community.

To all of you, thank you for being a part of our growing community. We hope you continue to enjoy your time here and make the most out of your Pandora experience. Don't hesitate to join in on discussions, ask questions, or share your favorite music discoveries with us. Let's make this community a vibrant and welcoming place for all music lovers! 🎶

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

TAYLOR15
Local Performer

Hii, ill start off and say that im pretty much new here...I love singing and drumming so I thought that this would be cool to be on & to make some new friends!

• Name? Taylor (taylorann)
  • Where you're from? Norwalk, IA
  • What your favorite genre of music is? I have so many but id have to choose pop,rap & rock N roll
  • What you're currently listening to? Too many to list off, lol
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? Lmao, no adds, Duh! 🙂
  • Also, heres me Screenshot 2023-04-18 10.27.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-06 3.07.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-06 3.05.42 PM.png

TAYLORANN