cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michael Jackson (Man In The Mirror) vs Vitamin C (Graduation Song As We Go On)

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Two MAJOR hits in history. We know MJ is by far the superior artist here and hopefully doesnt cause any bias when choosing.

But if you had to choose by instrument and lyrics and overall feel of the song, which one would you go with?

Here are the songs!

Moderator Edit: Link sharing (replaced with Pandora links)

11 Replies

@Cptheg3 you were spot on again, both of these songs were absolutely great. But Michael Jackson's song went much deeper as far as what the song meant. This song and video needs to played at the White House to wake them up. We all can make a difference in the life of just one who is need. But we all need the attitude of wanting too make a difference period. This is my song of choice.

The second song I really enjoyed as well, the smooth lyrics, the nice tone with all of the instruments was great. I will collect this song for my personal Playlist. 

Great job @Cptheg3 as always. Looking forward to the next post. Have a great week, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

MusicFanInSC
Opening Act

Michael Jackson song

@MusicFanInSC Until this post I never heard of Vitamin C, the song that @Cptheg3 chose for this challenge I really did like, so I went to the artist page, and I must say she has some good music. You should give her a listen to. 

Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Vitamin C song really made lots of people cry during their graduation and possibly leaving many friends they got to know in school and that their childhood is gone into adulthood. Lyrics were really powerful in that song. 

But I agree with you, Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror made you look deeper than school or childhood but into the man himself to make a change morally to better everyone else around us. 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Cptheg3 Thiswas quite an interesting choice of songs. I agree with @MOHLovesAlaska in that I hadn't heard of Vitamin C. I listened to both songs. Both were good songs... I would give both of them a Thumbs Up if they were on 1 of my stations. But I liked "Man In The Mirror". Thanks for the post and I look forward to seeing more.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cptheg3 I love your ongoing series of "this song vs. that song" on the Community!

I'm going with Man in the Mirror on this one. 😎

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Cptheg3. 👋

I'm going with "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson. Lyrically, I think this is the better song and more impactful. 

Look forward to your next comparison! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Alphagirl
Up & Coming Artist

I'll have to go with Michael Jackson man in the mirror

Jasmine27th15
Opening Act

You like Michael Jackson too @MusicFanInSC , I also like Michael Jackson. He is the best singer of all time.

LydiaNorman
Underground

I like Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C better, it's so lyrical

JackWarren
Underground

I agree that the song "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson has its unique power and depth. It can make us think about ourselves, our actions and habits, and how we can become better and make positive changes in the lives of others. But the Vitamin C Graduation song has extraordinary power. It evokes deep emotions and nostalgia for my childhood and time at school. It played at my graduation and even made me cry. We didn't want to leave our friends. She reminds me of how we grew up together, studied, played, laughed, and shared our dreams. Sometimes the homework was difficult or time-consuming, and we found an online writer that writes essays for you. Thanks to this, we had more time for games and music. I really want to go back to the time when everything was easy and fun, and the song makes me sad and happy at the same time. Despite the distance and time, it says we will always be friends. Her words penetrate the heart and evoke reflections on how quickly time flies and what important moments remain in our memory.

Moderator Edit: Link sharing