cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do the Rankings Mean?

ShortieCx
Opening Act

I do feel a bit dumb for asking after all these years of using Pandora. What exactly do the rankings mean? I have been moved to the opening act and I am unsure of what this means. I was classified as underground right before this. The badges make perfect sense to me. I have a few more to go before I have them all. I do not have the first two for some reason. I do have my ten-year and twenty-year ones to get. As well as several podcasts. I am getting close though! I just cannot seem to grasp the concept and meaning behind the rankings. I do like the little rocketship that shows next to them in the notifications! Lol

-ShortieCx
Labels (1)
31 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ShortieCx! Thanks for posting to community! I moved your post over to the Community Chat just in case anyone else has the same question and to help keep things organized. 

To put it simply, the ranking system on community takes into account all engagement across the community forums. The more you interact with content and posts, the more you'll rank up.

Hope this helps to explain! 😄

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ShortieCx
Opening Act

It does help! Thank you so much! 😁

-ShortieCx

TannerPandora

Anytime @ShortieCx !

TannerPandora_0-1595002320642.gif

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TannerPandora you got class. I love your responses. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

piratesteve
Local Performer

What does Casual Fan mean?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@piratesteve I moved your post over to this thread since you had a similar question.

Casual Fan is your current "ranking" in the Community.

As @TannerPandora mentioned in his message above, the ranking system on Community takes into account all engagement across the community forums. The more you interact with content and posts, the more you'll rank up.

Hope this helps clarify. 😁

Blueryan
Underground

what does the tag underground mean? I've looked at other people's profiles and they have, crate opener, local performer, casual listener, etc.

@Blueryan  these are titles given by Pandora, I believe they are titles given by the amount of time you have compiled up as a Pandora listener. Amount of time you have in the community responding to posts, creating your own post, interacting with others in the community. Amount of time you have listening to Podcasts, so on and so forth. I believe that is where our titles come from. However, you can reach out to one of Pandora's Moderator's they will have your true answer. @AdamPandora , @TannerPandora , @ErickPandora , and @AlyssaPandora , just click on one of the name links and they will be more than happy to answer any ?'s you have. 

Have a great day, take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blueryan I moved your post over to this existing thread: What do the Rankings Mean?

Our good friend @MOHLovesAlaska is right - Underground is your current "ranking" in the Community.

Also, as @TannerPandora mentioned in his message above, the ranking system on Community takes into account all engagement across the Community forums. The more you interact with content and posts, the more you'll rank up.

Hope this helps explain, and thanks so much for being a part of the Community! 😎

Acreditar-Nicol
Underground

Is there a list somewhere that has a list of all the "ranks" and what you need to do to get there? Would just be interesting, no real point. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Acreditar-Nicol I moved your post over to this existing thread: What do the Rankings Mean?

While there isn't currently a list of all of the Community rankings, as well as guides on how to rank up, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here

In the meantime, continue to stay engaged across the Community forums. The more you interact with content and posts, the more you'll rank up.

Hope we continue to see you around some more! :pandora:

tenntybobo
Underground

Does anyone know or have a list of the ranks and how to get them. I Understand that it is just

"all engagement across the community forum". But what order do you get them in? Is "underground" above "Avid Listener"? How do I get this rank? Is it after 30 posts, or 100?

Pandora needs to make this info available to make this a more engaging community.

PS. Anyone have a list off all the available badges? (is there one above 500 hours listening because I'm over 1000 and thought Id get one)

Kent Cypert
Tags (1)

elijahmdawkins
Opening Act

What does the title under your name mean? I recently received a notification saying that I had upgraded to "Underground". I see that @MOHLovesAlaska is Gold certified... does anyone know what these mean? 

Thank you!

Listener001
Not applicable

@elijahmdawkins  Hello.

I believe the title under your name is has to do with your rankings in the pandora community  I may be wrong but that's the best thing i've got so far.

I wish I could see the whole entire list of rankings and their meanings I just got a new one.  Up & Coming Artist

Which i find very funny  and a bit of a coincidence because currently i've been writing songs and last night i was pestering my folks about how i want a guitar while i was shopping online for books. 

elijahmdawkins
Opening Act

Thank you, @Listener001.

Listener001
Not applicable

@elijahmdawkins 

I edited my message after i posted it  so i'm not sure if you saw  the whole entire thing. But it's okay. I'm not sure if im right but if i'm wrong i hope someone comes up to correct me if i'm wrong.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, @Listener001 is correct, @elijahmdawkinsThe ranking system on community takes into account all engagement across the community forums. The more you interact with content and posts, the more you'll rank up. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

elijahmdawkins
Opening Act

Thank you, @AlyssaPandora.

Greg2
Underground

What's the purpose of badges