cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Buffering Issues

cowboyy221
Opening Act

im on google chrome and usually dont have this problem but the buffer is rolling and rolling the ads work but and on demands work  but radio just rolls.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
52 Replies

cowboyy221
Opening Act

its ether buffing or it says 0.00 0f 0.00

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 After a little investigation, we discovered what has happened with your account. Our servers watch for Pandora players that are misbehaving, and when identified, we restrict that account for a little while. Sometimes this is due to peculiar network conditions or client-side software bugs. Sometimes it's due to large numbers of people listening to the same account at the same time.

When this happens, our system automatically blocks access to Pandora for a period of time, making the application temporarily unusable. The restriction is lifted after a day or two of normal behavior.

You can read more about our Terms of Use here.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

cowboyy221
Opening Act

thank you for lifting the restrictions i will try not to skip so many songs lol

is there a way to picking your answer for solved answer?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem, @cowboyy221.

Yes, you can click on "Accept as Solution" for solved answers. 

Happy listening! 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

homers77
Underground

Is this supposed to happen when you have Premium?  Because with the amount of money I'm paying, I find this pretty annoying, if that's what my problem is.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @homers77. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from your Chrome browser.

Could you tell me a bit more about what you're experiencing?

• Are you using a Windows or MAC computer?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Also, I would recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

homers77
Underground

I'm on Windows.  I've already done the troubleshooting steps that were appropriate.  I have a playlist that I really like and have been listening to very steadily.  Yesterday, I started having the buffering problem.  No error messages, just stuck on buffering.  After I read your last response, I started listening to another playlist, and the problem stopped.  So I guess it was the fact that I've been listening to the one playlist almost exclusively and for a number of hours a day.  It's an annoying restriction for a paid service, but at least I know what the problem is now.

0 Kudos

homers77
Underground

I did not try another browser because I use Chrome exclusively, so changing to another browser wouldn't tell me anything useful.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @homers77, can you tell me more about your Windows device.

• What is the current OS.

Additionally, I understand that changing browsers is not ideal, however, this allows us to know if its a browser-related issue.

I would also recommend some standard networking steps, if you haven't already.. 

To reboot your connection:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

homers77
Underground

I can't do any of that today, as I'm working.  I'll try to do it this weekend and let you know.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @homers77. Feel free to post on this thread when you've had the chance. Thanks so much for sticking with us on this!

0 Kudos

homers77
Underground

I followed the instructions given by TannerPandora below and it seems to have solved the problem.  Before I did that, I had the buffering problem on my other computer, my phone, and when I switched from Chrome to MS Edge.  So it seemed to me that the problem must be in my network.  Shutting down the computer and then unplugging and re-plugging the modem and router seems to have worked.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@homers77 Thanks so much for letting us know.

Happy to hear @TannerPandora's suggestions helped with the buffering issue.

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else pops up. Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

jt_watson5
Local Performer

My account is having a similar issue. I can play one song all the way through, but on the very next song it begins to buffer! Could you all check my account and see if a similar setting needs to be changed on my account? I work at a hospital, and chrome is the only browser i can really use, everything else is restricted.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jt_watson5. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this issue.

Let's try out @TannerPandora's suggestions here.

Feel free to let me know if you continue to have trouble with the buffering. 🎧

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

I tried to listen to a dozen radio stations today and got the same problem, buffering.   While on the desktop and would start a station and almost immediately it would begin buffering.   I watched it for a while and noticed the play button which had been greyed out would now show up.   If I clicked on it to play the song,   it would begin to play for a short time then switch to the next song and begin buffering again.   It would never automatically start playing so you just couldn't leave it and expect it to continue playing.    I tried the suggestion you have to shut down the computer and router and it successfully played one song and then began buffering again on the next one.   I have a good solid wifi connection and I use Chrome.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @daleslad. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering.

I enabled a trace on your Pandora account to see what's happening. Could you try running through the troubleshooting steps for Chrome? You can find them here: Chrome Troubleshooting

Also, have you tried using a different browser to see if your experience is different?

Let me know. 🎧

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Alyssa, yes I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps you recommended but nothing I did changed anything.    I have switched to Safari and it appears to be working just fine so I guess Chrome is a non starter when it comes to Pandora.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Thanks for getting back to me.

Sounds like this issue is related to Chrome, since you're able to stream from your Safari browser. I'll share this feedback with our engineering team as well on your behalf.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Alyssa