cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Thumbs Up / Down Option Missing

pac67
Underground

Capture.PNGHello,

I am a longtime Pandora user and all of a sudden today on my PC the thumbs up/thumbs down option at the bottom each track that plays is missing (see image). This has never happened before but is still there on my Pandora iphone app. So, wondering what must I do to get this back?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @nancyreyner. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Sorry to hear that your Thumb features are missing during your listening sessions. I do have a few things you can try in order to resolve this issue.

Web Troubleshooting:

You can use the following steps for the browser you use most when listening to Pandora.

++

Network Troubleshooting:

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pac67 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

pac67
Underground

WIndows computer. Yes the pandora.com website. Using Chrome. Again, nothing has changed in my routine for months and months. Been doing the same routine here and all of a sudden the thumbs up and thumbs down option below the song are gone. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pac67 Thanks for following up with that information.

Since it sounds like this is only an issue on your computer, I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

As you continue to listen to your stations after running through those steps, check to confirm if the thumb options start to appear again on the new tracks that play.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

mua
Local Performer

I have the same exact problem. Started 3 days ago. Also, I have NO volume controls. Five minutes after writing this, I decided to restart my computer, and the problem is solved.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @mua. Sounds like restarting your computer helped resolve the issue.

@pac67 Could you try restarting your computer? You could also try logging out and then logging back in to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

pac67
Underground

Yep, all was in good shape this morning. Thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it, @pac67. Let us know if anything else pops up.

Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

nancyreyner
Local Performer

Adam I have the same issue. I'm listening to Pandora from the internet website. I don't have thumbs up or down options anymore but had them for years. I tried logging out and back in on both Chrome and also Edge. I tried from my Windows 10 pc and also from my Mac. There is no thumbs up anymore on "now Playing" section. Please help. I've tried everything.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @nancyreyner. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Sorry to hear that your Thumb features are missing during your listening sessions. I do have a few things you can try in order to resolve this issue.

Web Troubleshooting:

You can use the following steps for the browser you use most when listening to Pandora.

++

Network Troubleshooting:

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

nancyreyner
Local Performer

Thank you! For some reason the thumbs up and down options appeared today without having to do anything. Odd but glad it got resolved.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome - so glad to hear that, @nancyreyner.

If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

blazingraptor
Local Performer

They're missing for me on the Pandora website again.

The desktop website doesn't have thumbs up or down anymore and the interface has drastically changed. The thumbs up and down is still on the Android app.

screenshot.jpg

Mod edit: merge posts

0 Kudos

blazingraptor
Local Performer

Oh, you have to pick on the album cover and then you can do a thumbs up or down on the current song and previous songs. This is so non-intuitive,

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @blazingraptor 👋

You can find the thumbs up/down button, on our website, in the "now playing" panel in the bottom of the screen to the station that you're playing. (see image below)

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 11.54.14 AM.png

If you're not seeing that now playing panel on your end, let's try some troubleshooting steps for your web browser. Please complete the Chrome Troubleshooting steps to help that panel to reappear.

However if you're not using the Chrome browser, please select the following troubleshooting steps for the browser you're using below:

Hope this helps, let me know if this works!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos