cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Album Cover Art No Longer Displays

CheriI
Local Performer

I have a Premium Pandora account with nearly 500 songs in one of my playlists. Just a week or so ago the album covers are not displaying. I only see a blue square box with a white music note in it. The lyrics are still available to see, but no album covers. This is on a desktop. I can't find any settings to make the album covers show again. Please help.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @helpme3. 👋

Thanks for providing those details, and sorry for the trouble. 

Desktop App Troubleshooting for Windows Computers:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).

Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

++

If you're using our Pandora Desktop App for MAC computers, please try out these troubleshooting steps: Desktop App Troubleshooting

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Something to note: We do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

19 Replies

dehawk1018
Local Performer

I just updated Mac to Ventura 13.0 and cover album is now gone. How can I get the pictures to return?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @CheriI 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Since you're on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is this happening only on your playlist or all across the board (stations, songs, podcasts, etc.)?
  3. Would you mind sending a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you need specific instructions on how to do this just let us know)

Let us know and thanks for your help with this!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

CheriI
Local Performer

I am listening on a Windows computer using Microsoft Edge. I log in to www.pandora.com to listen. Frequently my playlist stops playing, I have to restart the website and then it continues. Often when I log in, my playlist starts from the beginning and I never get to listen to the end of my playlist. Is there a way to start a playlist from somewhere in the middle of the list? I've had to try to fast forward through hundreds of songs I've recently heard to try to get to the bottom of my list. This is extremely frustrating. I only listen to my playlist, so I don't have issues with songs, podcasts, etc.  The issue of the album covers no longer displaying seems to have resolved itself with no help from me. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @CheriI 

Thanks for updating us and glad to hear the album covers are displaying again.

Playback Stopping

If you're experiencing playback-stopping issues when listening to your playlist, let's try troubleshooting your browser to see if this helps.

Please run through our Microsoft Edge Troubleshooting steps to help with your playback-stopping issues.

Starting Playlist From the Middle

If you would like to start your playlist from the middle, you would need to select a specific song from your playlist as the starting point. To do that:

• Go to My Collection and click the album art or title of the playlist you'd like to play.
  • From here you can run down your list of songs and select which song you would like to start at. Once you start a song, the next song on the list will play in that order.

However, we do have a Shuffle option, which provides a more diverse mix of music by randomly playing songs from the playlist you're listening to.

To shuffle an on-demand piece of content such as an album or playlist:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the icon with intersecting arrows on the bottom of the screen to turn Shuffle on or off.
  2. When the shuffle icon is highlighted, it will shuffle all the songs from that album or playlist.

Hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

kchstar74753
Local Performer

I agree with Cheryl. My album covers do this as well. When I first login, but it only happens sometimes. It is okay now. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @kchstar74753 

Thanks for your first post on the Community!

If you're frequently experiencing this issue, I suggest performing troubleshooting steps on your web browser. Please visit the links below to get step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot your specific web browser:

If you're using our desktop App, please try out these troubleshooting steps for your PC or Mac.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

jahsehslveeeeee
Local Performer

I use Pandora on my laptop and for some reason the song art cover won't show.

I've made a new account several time but it still won't show up. Is there anything I'm doing wrong ?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jahsehslveeeeee. 👋

How are you listening when this happens?

• A Mac or Windows computer?
  • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  • Are you noticing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Are you using a school or work computer when this occurs? 

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

helpme3
Local Performer

This started happening to me also starting yesterday. Worked fine for over a year. Any fix?

Windows computer, desktop app, no error messages and using a work computer.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @helpme3. 👋

Thanks for providing those details, and sorry for the trouble. 

Desktop App Troubleshooting for Windows Computers:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).

Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

++

If you're using our Pandora Desktop App for MAC computers, please try out these troubleshooting steps: Desktop App Troubleshooting

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Something to note: We do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

helpme3
Local Performer

Thank you! The Reset App Data command worked.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear those steps worked for you. Hope you're back to enjoying the tunes, @helpme3! 🎶

0 Kudos

XCaliber
Opening Act

Why did they disappear ?  Pandora Desktop App = No Pics. They Disappeared 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @XCaliber. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and for providing the screenshot. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Desktop App: Album Art won't display

Please try out the steps in the accepted thread solution to see if it helps resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

robinread
Local Performer

album covers no longer display on laptop. I don't have pandora on my android phone. on laptop i i only get blue musical note. i pat for pamdora

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @robinread. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Album Art won't display

If you're using the Pandora Desktop App, please check out the accepted solution for this thread here

If this occurs on web, I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser:

Hope this helps - let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

vacman85
Local Performer

Windows 11 and using the Desktop App and I have not seen the covers in several months. Paying customer and running through the AVG VPN.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vacman85 Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

vacman85
Local Performer

I will try that and report back on Monday.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info