cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Periodically restarts a song while it's playing

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

When streaming on-demand music, sometimes while it's in the middle of a track, the desktop app will suddenly stop and restart that track from the beginning. Happens fairly regularly (several times during a workday of listening). This is entirely spontaneous and not a result of anything I'm doing - it can happen when I'm not even touching the mouse or keyboard, so it's no accident. v. 15.0.3.0

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wisepeppy. 👋

Thanks for your message, and sorry for any trouble.

Have you tried running through the troubleshooting steps yet?

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

Not yet... I'll give it try and see what happens.

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

I did each of those (Windows) to no avail - the Desktop app still spontaneously restarted songs after trying each of those (resetting the app, then un/reinstalling). Could be coincidental, but it might only be happening on long tracks. e.g. I just watched it happen on The Background World by NIN (11:44) - the track restarted around the half-way mark.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @wisepeppy. 👋

Thanks for following up with that information. I can share your feedback with our tech team for you. It's helpful to know these additional details:

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Let me know. 🎧

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

4th time trying to post this reply - it keeps disappearing... trying a different browser:

1. Lenovo Thinkpad X12
2. Mode... of the application?  The X12 is a tablet which I'm using on a dock as a 'desktop' PC. The Pandora app is the desktop version from the Microsoft Store, used in its... default mode?
3. Wi-Fi (blazing fast fiber internet w/ rock solid service)
4. 15.0.3 (recently un/reinstalled)
5. Windows 10 Pro, v. 22H2, OS build 19045.4046
6. No error messages, the song just spontaneously restarts, as if I had pressed the 'track back' button myself. The issue does seem to be confined to just very long tracks.
7. Yes - I listened to a playlist of long (8-12 minute) songs yesterday using MS Edge, and it played fine. Today I tried the desktop app again, and about half way into the 2nd long song, that song restarted when it reached somewhere around the 5-minute mark.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @wisepeppy. 👋

Sorry about that! Looks like your post(s) got caught in our spam filter. I was able to fix it for you and your feedback is now posted on the thread. Thank you for letting me know.

In the meantime, I'll share this information with our tech team on your behalf. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

Still not working. Still annoying af.

0 Kudos

HandoverFist
Local Performer

I'm having the issue. Only seems to happen on long tracks. Very annoying, It just happend while I'm typing this. I haven't tried the steps above since they didn't work for anyone else. please help!

TannerPandora

Hi @HandoverFist 

Thanks for your posting your experience.

I've let our team know that you're experiencing this issue and posted your info to our existing ticket. We appreciate your patience!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

RawPnPZone
Local Performer

Me too for about two or three months, possibly longer because something stopped me from using Pandora a year ago. Dell Inspiron 15 32 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD 60% full. None of this even matters because this is obviously bad coding on your part. Is it going to be fixed or do I publicly start a campaign to make the world aware of the problem? If I suffered in silence, I'm sure there's plenty of your other customers doing the same thinking it's their system of hardware.