cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Music Sounds like a Scratched CD

gd0811
Local Performer

Adam, It keeps happening, and I understand that you need to ask some questions, but there are more questions than solutions to the problem. I always listened to Pandora from my MacBook Pro , using the same browser (Firefox 91.0.1, which is the most up-to-date). It happens to every single song from my customized list; you start listening to the songs, and they start playing a scratched record! This is not what I signed up to pay when I got the most expensive plan of yours. I hope this problem gets fixed ASAP because, otherwise, it will leave me with no other choice but to cancel my subscription. PS: You can address any of my concerns by sending me an email, but I don't see any particular reason to email me other than to let me know that the problem was fixed! Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @gd0811. 👋

Sorry to hear that the issue persists. Based on your message, it sounds like you're using your MacBook Pro with Firefox when this happens.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this information with our engineering team for further review.

First, I would recommend trying out the standard troubleshooting steps for your Firefox browser while the trace is enabled: Firefox Troubleshooting

You could also try using a different web browser like Safari or Google Chrome to see if you experience the same issue. This will help us determine whether this is browser-related.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

gd0811
Local Performer

AlyssaPandora,

To continue this back-and-forth in which the ball is dropped in the paying customer's court, I did what you asked me to do (instead of having your paid team FIX the problem!!!). I tried Safari; there, not only it didn't play scratched, but it kept jumping from one song to another to the point where you could listen to any music whatsoever. Then I tried Chrome, and... it played the same scratched music as on Firefox. Now, for the record, I had already restarted the laptop (not once!), I have the most updated versions of the browsers I mentioned, and no updates are necessary on my laptop. Obviously, the issue is at your end since so many customers (on so many computers, and using so many different browsers) experience pretty much the same problem. Now, this being said, I expected as of today, August 24, NOT to be billed anymore UNTIL this problem gets fixed. And the fix needs to come, with the risk of saying it again, and saying the obvious, from YOUR end since you, on your paid time, have the resources and technical ability to fix this issue (that did not exist until recently!). Please notify me by email when this problem gets fixed, and when you will re-start charging me! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

gd0811
Local Performer

The problem persists. I will check every day to see how long would it take you guys to fix this problem. Until then, as mentioned in my previous comment, you can stop billing my account as of August 24! Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble on various browsers. Thanks for the follow up, @gd0811

I've reported your issue to our engineering team on your behalf. We've emailed you to offer further assistance with managing your subscription and account. If you haven't received our email yet, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

pryingmantis
Underground

I have the same issue and have had this issue for well over 1.5 years now. Sometimes it will fix itself after a few minutes. Sometimes pausing it and then restarting it will fix it. Days like today though, it continues to keep going.

I use Firefox as well, but have tested it on Chrome and have the same problem. This is a 'desktop-only' issue in my experience.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @pryingmantis. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry to hear you've also experienced this issue for quite some time. 

My recommendation is to try out the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps, while I have a trace on your account. 

Another option is network troubleshooting to refresh the connection.

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I can also report this to our engineering team if this issue persists. 🎧

0 Kudos

pryingmantis
Underground

Thanks @AlyssaPandora 

I just posted this in another thread on the same issue. I'll duplicate my resolution here.

--

I solved this problem on my end. Perhaps this will help others:

This problem happens on my desktop only. When I use Firefox on my PC to listen. I have a dual boot machine and it was not happening on Windows 10 - Firefox. Only when I was using Linux Mint 19.2.

I thought this was the issue, and there could still be something going on with the OS, but this morning I solved this issue with closing browser tabs in Firefox while Pandora was running. After closing about 5 tabs out of 30+ it cleared up.

I have 32GB of memory but by all appearances this does not seem to be enough to cache all of these browser pages and run Pandora smoothly. When using Firefox in Windows 10, I did not have as many tabs open. Hope this info helps others. Good luck.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for the follow up, @pryingmantis. This will be helpful for other listeners who may be experiencing this issue. 🎧

pryingmantis
Underground

Sad to say, problem was not resolved. It came back, and continues to come back using Firefox on Linux Mint 19. Closing tabs is not resolving the issue these past few times.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pryingmantis Sorry for the continued inconvenience. I may have missed this in your last message about you using Linux. Pandora is an HTML5 application, so it should work reasonably well on most up-to-date Linux desktop systems. 

Unfortunately, there are far more Linux distributions and configurations than we have the capacity to test, so we do not officially support the use of Pandora on Linux clients. However, I recommend making sure your browser is updated to the latest version. 

In the meantime, we do have this existing thread that you may be interested in and can upvote by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title: Linux Client Application

0 Kudos

pryingmantis
Underground

It has to do with PulseAudio on Linux Mint. I won't get too deep into the specifics. When the PC is idle for a period of time this goes into hibernation. If you run Pandora PulseAudio is not reactivating properly. I used the terminal to restart PulseAudio and the problem immediately cleared up while Pandora was playing.

0 Kudos

rhettorical
Underground

I've had the issue with some songs, not every song, so I think that certain files are just corrupted. Happens regardless of browser or version of Windows.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @rhettorical 👋

Thanks for dropping by and reporting this. Do you remember which songs when this issue occurred in? I'd be glad to send that feedback to our curation team so that they can take a closer look and see what's going on. 

Let me know what you find out, thanks for the help! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

rhettorical
Underground

I don't remember any specific songs, but a lot of Eurobeat songs in a station I created based on Max Coveri have it. Specifically, the ones without album artwork.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rhettorical 

Thanks for the follow up. I've passed this along to the team who reviews our collection for further review and investigation.

Appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos