cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Unable to change stations

Gatorface1
Local Performer

I'm on a PC with Chrome and I am stuck on one station.  Can you assist?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
31 Replies

rekeffect
Local Performer

Why can't I switch my station without watching adds I never used to have this problem.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rekeffect. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the community.  Sorry for any confusion regarding the advertisements playing on your account. Sounds like you're triggering Premium Access when attempting to change your stations. I'm happy to share more details about this.

Premium Access:

• Please keep in mind, if you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.
  • Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).
  • You won't be charge for the session as the additional cost of these sessions are covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

You can find out more about how free Premium Access works in this helpful article.

Hope this helps to explain! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

O2BoogieDown
Local Performer

UNABLE to change stations. I even logged out several times and from other devices. Nothing works.. What is happening? why can't this be solved?

Please Help

Oh and it is on a PC

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @O2BoogieDown. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to the Desktop space to keep the community organized: Desktop: Unable to change stations

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

• Which web browser are you using?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • What happens when you attempt to switch to another station?
  • Are you able to take a screenshot of what you see when this occurs?
    • When sharing a photo on community: You can include your screenshot directly in your post on community. This is best done through a web or mobile browser. You will not be able to share a photo through the email notification you may receive.

++

In the meantime, I would recommend through the troubleshooting steps based on how you listen. I've included for each browser and the Pandora Desktop app below.

Browser Troubleshooting:

Desktop App:

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

O2BoogieDown
Local Performer

This is a daily problem for me on my PC. Video Ads will not Play. It has been very wonky lately. Nothing they suggest works as if it is my PC. You choose a station.. it ignores it. I love Pandora but lately, I have been trying others. They don't compare but.. If I can't change a channel.. Someone needs to figure this out!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @O2BoogieDown. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble.

Did you get a chance to try out the troubleshooting steps in my last post on this thread?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Slopo
Local Performer

AND, my reply didn't attach to the message that I originally replied to, which makes trying to follow conversations impossible. This community board software is so confusing.  

0 Kudos

O2BoogieDown
Local Performer

Isn't it amazing.. This is a  constant problem and even when they contact you.. they expect you to reboot your computer because that is the only way it works.. temporarily. Till it refuses to change channels. It is why I no longer subscribe. I you use the ap on Amazon Tv it works fine. PC .. Channel freezes up. If I want Artist Only it asks if I want to watch an ad.. I click yess.. nothing Ever happens.. It used to work. Is it Chrome updates? who knows? I use the extension app.. also, though I use a password manager it only remembers an old one. Everything else on my PC works normal. And I love Pandora. I have for years. Does it hate Chrome? I can not constantly reboot. Check the list this is on-going.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

O2BoogieDown
Local Performer

Ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing problem

It will never go away!!!

Chrome pc. Works in amazon fire just fine... But pc?

You reboot.. It will work once..

Then you can not change channels.. You can't forward either..

Ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing ongoing problem

Pandora ignores ongoing.. 

Too bad cause I want to continue with pandora.. But no one solves this!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@O2BoogieDown I moved your additional message back into this thread since this is where you initially reported your experience.

So far, it sounds like you've re-booted your computer in an attempt to resolve this issue.

I recommend running through all of the recommended troubleshooting steps listed here: 

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

070277ym
Local Performer

Please help as to what has to be done, I am not having the capability to change stations from my own collection, on my personal computer, I've restarted, and also completely turned off computer and it's stuck on the same station, please help????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@070277ym I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos