cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFox: Two songs will play at the same time

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

This past week, I've suddenly noticed issues with Pandora browser on Windows 10. Both Firefox and Chrome are having separate problems. This includes private/incognito mode and making sure ad blockers etc. are off.

Firefox

Sometimes starts two songs at once and plays both. Both appear in my tracklist, one after another, but play at the same time. Current latest two are The Supine by Andrew Bird and The Celts by Enya on my Beneath the Night Sky station. If I pause, sometimes both will stop, or sometimes only the most recent track stops. As soon as I hover over the tab again, they start on their own, sometimes even still being shown as paused. I have to refresh to fix it. This happens randomly, both when I manually ask it to skip a track and when it naturally moves from a completed track to a new one. I’m listening on My Station mode. Other station modes behave the same way.

It also randomly skips one or two songs between tracks, especially if I have to reload the page for the above issue. Sometimes skips 2-3 in a row when I tell it to skip one track.

Chrome

Does not skip tracks, but occasionally has a long lag time - up to 15 seconds - between them during normal play. Sometimes a station pauses itself at the end of a song and requires me to manually start it again. Last time this happened it had only played about 3 tracks, and there was no “are you still listening” notification. It just stops on its own.

This all started the morning of July 05.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@caldella Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps for both browsers you are running into issues with:

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Thanks - I've already tried everything on these articles. Anything else I can try? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @caldella.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos

barleyguy
Underground

I've also experienced the "plays two songs at once" symptom. For me it's when I turn shuffle on after listening to a single station. Shuffle starts playing a song while the other station is still playing a song.

EDIT: I've also experienced the "plays two songs at once" when clicking the "replay track" button (the little round arrow). This one is especially weird because it's the same song playing two instances, at two different places in the song, layered over the top of each other.

I'm also having a symptom where the first couple seconds of each song are either missing or stuttery.

Both of these symptoms are new over the last couple of weeks, and occur in both Firefox and Chrome. This particular machine is Windows 7, but I also have a Windows 10 machine that also has the beginning of song stutters. I have not noticed either of these issues on Android.

(Also, as far as the moderator post about networks and ethernet etc.... My network is NOT the problem. It has not changed, and is a very solid connection. Also, if Pandora is that sensitive to networking, it's broken. It needs to buffer more so it can deal with simple latency issues. What is this, the "paste random unrelated **ahem** school of tech support"? If you think it's the network, please provide a clear and detailed technical explanation of how you think the network could cause your software to play two songs at the same time or skip just the first couple seconds of each song, and why you think it's better to mess with a user's network than fix the issue in the software.)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @barleyguy. 👋

Sometimes rebooting your connection can help with the issue you're experiencing, especially if the issue persists across multiple browsers. We also use these steps to rule out certain issues in case this needs to be escalated to our engineering team. 

Which browser(s) are you using? If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the steps for your preferred method of listening:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

barleyguy
Underground

Deleted... Inconclusive results....

0 Kudos

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

I am having the Firefox issues on two different computers, both using Windows 10. The one was having only minimal problems but has now started playing overlapping songs like the other one, even without any skipping tunes or voting up/down. Just started playing Open Heart Open Mind by Moonlight Echoes and Between the Shadows by Loreena McKennitt at the same time. It started playing Open Heart, skipped immediately to Between the Shadows, but continued playing both despite marking Open Heart as the "last played" track on the station.

This is second computer having this issue and in a different location/internet access. No firewall problems or network connection problems. Restarted/all potential solutions stated have been tried. We actually had the entire internet connection reset less than a week ago and are currently running speeds several times faster than when the issues first began. No ad blockers being used.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@caldella I've created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos