cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Thumbs Down Songs

Perfectweirdo
Local Performer

Hello all,

I am not sure if I am the only one, but I am having issues when I try thumbing down songs. When I try to customize my station by thumbing down songs they show up in my thumbs up section of that station, thus messing the whole algorithm up and songs that I don't want start playing. 😠 This is with all my stations. I want to customize my station but this weird glitch is messing that up! 😞 Any tips or should I contact Pandora? If so, do I contact Pandora about this? Thank you for the help in advance! 🙂

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Perfectweirdo, thanks for posting!

Can you tell me a bit more about your device? What is the make and model?

Also, can you give me an example of a station and song this has happened on so I can take a closer look. (I know you said all your stations, but specifics help with the investigation)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Perfectweirdo
Local Performer

Hello @TannerPandora,

Thanks for responding so quickly. The issues are occurring on both my desktop and laptop.

My laptop is: HP AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.50 GHz

My Desktop is: Personally built Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 3.00GHz

Both are using windows 10 home 

I was doing some troubleshooting and noticed that this issue is only on my desktop and laptop when I play on the website. But when I use the app on my phone this issue doesn't occur. 

Yes, it happens on all my stations. For example, last night I was playing on my Silversun Pickups Radio, I tried thumbing down the song: Dangerous by James Blunt and it went to my thumbs up section. It is now in the thumbs down section because I did it on the app on my phone. I hope this gives you some help investigating the issue. Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Perfectweirdo Thanks for following up.

Does this happen when streaming on our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Additionally, can you please try reproducing this issue for us one more time?

Please send us two screenshots when reproducing the issue:

1. A screenshot of the Now Playing screen showing that you gave the song currently playing a Thumbs Down.
  2. A screenshot of your station details showing that same track in the Thumbs Up section.

Thanks for working with us on this!

0 Kudos

Perfectweirdo
Local Performer

Hello @AdamPandora,

I tested both and this issue occurs for both the desktop app and the website. I use Google Chrome. 

Here is the video of the issue:

Please let me know if you need more information from me. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Perfectweirdo! Thanks for the video, super helpful.

I was able to replicate this on my end as well. Looks like there is a bug going on. Something to note, I noticed that when you thumbed down the song, it was added to both your thumbs up and your thumbs down history. If you clicked over to your thumbs down history and then back again to your thumbs up, the song would disappear. Not sure if this was captured in your video, portion of the screen was cut off by the video angle. 

I've gone ahead and created a ticket to be further investigated by our engineering team. 

Can you let me know the browser version you're using in Chrome?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport