cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response getting music to play...

lare2
Local Performer

I cannot get any of my collected music or stations to play. I click the play icon and nothing happens. On my desktop, Windows 10. Your website, Firefox. It worked until I upgraded.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @lare2. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I would recommend trying out these steps to troubleshoot Pandora on Firefox:

• Update Firefox here
  • Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:
    • Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
    • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
    • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
    • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
    • Click Clear now.
    • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.
  • Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:
    • Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
    • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
    • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
    • Click Manage Permissions...
    • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.
  • Make sure you are allowing Pandora to automatically play sound:
    • Click the "i" icon to the left of the address bar while visiting the pandora.com web page.
    • In the Permissions section, confirm the Autoplay setting is set to Allow Audio and Video.
    • If not, click on the dropdown arrows to select that option.
  • Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  • If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  • Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

++

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @lare2. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I would recommend trying out these steps to troubleshoot Pandora on Firefox:

• Update Firefox here
  • Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:
    • Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
    • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
    • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
    • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
    • Click Clear now.
    • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.
  • Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:
    • Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
    • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
    • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
    • Click Manage Permissions...
    • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.
  • Make sure you are allowing Pandora to automatically play sound:
    • Click the "i" icon to the left of the address bar while visiting the pandora.com web page.
    • In the Permissions section, confirm the Autoplay setting is set to Allow Audio and Video.
    • If not, click on the dropdown arrows to select that option.
  • Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  • If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  • Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

++

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Outlaw33
Local Performer

Music won't play when I tap song icon

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Outlaw33 👋

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the playback issue.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
    • What song or station when you experienced this?
    • Is there an error message?

However, I was checking your account and it seems like you recently activated several Premium Access Sessions, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

Just out of curiosity, were you trying to play a song on-demand after your Premium Access Session ended? If so, this may cause that song to be unavailable to play.

If not, please send along your computer details so we can take a closer look.

Looking forward to your response!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

vprout
Local Performer

Why am I paying for a service and watching an ad and then Pandora just stops playing???? I’m considering canceling.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @vprout 👋

Thanks for posting and being part of the Community!

Music Not Playing

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Watching an Ad for On-Demand Music

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Premium. However, you're receiving a prompt to watch an ad because you've activated Premium access which unlocks additional Premium features like on-demand content.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting Premium access is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to view the video ad and accept Premium access, rest assured that you won't be billed an additional amount for Premium; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your Plus subscription. 

I hope this helps to explain. Let me know what device you're using so we can take a closer look! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos