cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Helper Not Responding

wiandolo
Local Performer

Mac running Version 11.2.3 Big Sur

When I look at the running processes using activity monitor the Pandora Helper process uses the most cpu time on my computer and consumes ~15-20% of active CPU.  The process is also listed as "(Not Responding)" .  I have killed the process and which causes Pandora to restart.  On restart it still has the same performance profile listed above.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
10 Replies

dwachtel
Underground

Same issued, just upgraded to Big Sur.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wiandolo @dwachtel. 👋

Nice to see you both around the community space.

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening?

• Are you using a web browser to stream Pandora? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for MAC?
  • Do any error messages pop up during your listening sessions, or when you have to restart Pandora?

Thanks! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

dwachtel
Underground

I am using the Pandora Desktop App for MAC, no error messages pop up, just see the process not responding in Activity Monitor - see attached screen shot. Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 9.22.29 AM.png

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @dwachtel. 👋

This is very helpful. Thanks so much for reporting this, and for sending over that screenshot. I’ve shared this information with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

dwachtel
Underground

Can you guys lemme know if there is a fix yet for this issue.  

Thanks, Doug

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dwachtel. 👋

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I do not have an update or timeline for a fix regarding this issue. However, I have shared all of the information you've provided (including your screenshot) with our engineering team. Thanks for your patience. 🎧

0 Kudos

gerrylinda
Local Performer

Same problem - please notify me when there is a fix.  Thanks.

On Mac 11.6

0 Kudos

volte
Local Performer

Coming up on 9 months. This is an easy fix for developers. You've got a loop or something in there that isn't yielding to the OS, so it can't checkin with the process.

obtuseness
Local Performer

I also have this issue on 11.6.2. It makes the desktop app unusable. I was trying out Pandora since I'm considering switching to pandora premium from spotify, but it's a PITA to use the browser for daily use. 

0 Kudos

spinneee
Local Performer

this problem just started for me on Big Sur 11.6.6 and when Pandora pauses, Apple Music opens. Any new info on this?

0 Kudos