cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffling from PC version of Desktop App

johnneglia
Local Performer

Running Win 10 with Pandora App. I can't shuffle globally or selected stations I have tried pressing Alt > controls, but shuffle (CTRL + S) is grayed out and pressing CTRL+ S does nothing 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @johnneglia Here are some steps on how to customize your shuffle.

Customizing Shuffle Stations:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

To exit Shuffle, simply select and play an individual station.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @johnneglia. 👋

You should be able to use the following keyboard shortcuts to control playback on the Pandora desktop app:

• Play/ Pause: Space
  • Skip Forward: Ctrl→
  • Skip Backward: Ctrl←
  • Shuffle: Ctrl S
  • Repeat: Ctrl G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧Ctrl↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧Ctrl↓

If you have media keys on your PC, you can also use those.

Please note that certain options may be greyed out if you are playing a source that does not support that command (e.g., you will not be able to Thumb on most playlists).

++

You can also try running through these steps to utilize the shuffle feature here.

If you're still unable use any of the keyboard shortcuts, or shuffle at all, I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your desktop app.

Hope this information is helpful. Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

johnneglia
Local Performer

Yes, it was helpful

Now when I am using Shuffle, I have searched for and played an album and I can't get back to shuffle. No matter what I do, it keeps playing that one album.

How do I get out of this album?

Thanks

John Neglia

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @johnneglia Here are some steps on how to customize your shuffle.

Customizing Shuffle Stations:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

To exit Shuffle, simply select and play an individual station.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos