cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I hit "play" button nothing happens

bubba
Local Performer

Pandora was working fine, then for whatever reason when I hit "play" button nothing happens.  What's wrong?

Thanx

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
65 Replies

RomeoBravo55
Local Performer
HALP!! 
... I was reading your help instructions to other folks so I thought I'd try and get help from you.

** My 'play' on Pandora doesn't work.  I click it and nothing happens.  I can get my 'Collection', pick songs, I can forward from one song to the next, BUT when I click 'play', nothing happens.

** You mentioned, "resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data." 

* I tried this, but the 'Help' in my Pandora does NOT have a 'Reset App Data' listed...

HALP!  Thanx!

mod edit: changed title for clarity + removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RomeoBravo55. 👋

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening?

Are you using a Windows or MAC computer?

Are you using the Pandora Desktop App? I've taken a look at your account, and I do see that you've used the Pandora One Desktop App in the past (the small compact player for Pandora Plus subscribers). Are you still using this specific app?

Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

RomeoBravo55
Local Performer
Hiya Alyssa ...
I’m using PC Desktop ...
Rich

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

RomeoBravo55
Local Performer

HELLLOOOO?   Anyone there?

I've answered your Pandora Questions several times and I'm getting NO responses back ...

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @RomeoBravo55. 👋

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing how you're listening (browser or Pandora Desktop app). I've included troubleshooting steps below to help you get back to listening.

Browser Troubleshooting:

In case anyone else experiences this issue, I've also included Pandora Desktop Troubleshooting:

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Phoenix2182
Local Performer

I'm using the app and having the same issue. I have done all the troubleshooting that I can on my end that were recommended and others not yet recommended. I still can't get Pandora to play anything. It says sorry but Pandora cannot play music at this time. 

On both my accounts

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Phoenix2182. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. 

You mentioned that you're using the Pandora app. Just to confirm, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10 or MAC computers?

Also, could you send over a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

For Windows Computers:

• Please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.
  • Then attach that file in your next post.

For Mac Computers:

1. Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  2. Attach that file in your next post.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Rev2
Local Performer

can i just listen to my music

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Rev2. 👋

You should be able to listen without any issues.

Could you share a bit more about what is happening and how you're listening?

• MAC or Windows computer?
  • Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop app?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

LuvRats19
Underground

I am using my desktop computer, the one I always use, the one I've always listened to Pandora on.  A few days ago Pandora just stopped working.  The station pops up, but no matter how many times I press the start button, there is no music.  I can play other music, so it's not the computer or the speakers.  I just subscribed to Pandora, thinking that PAYING for the music might help, but no, I still don't get any music.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @LuvRats19. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I know how frustrating this can be. I moved your post over to this existing thread: When I hit "play" button nothing happens

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when this happens?

• MAC or Windows computer?
  • Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop app?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what does it say?

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. In the meantime, I've included steps to troubleshoot either your web browser of the Pandora Desktop app below.

Browser Troubleshooting:

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Hope these steps are helpful. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

LuvRats19
Underground
Hi Alyssa,
 I still cannot play my Pandora music.   I am on a Windows PC.  I use AOL as my browser.  When I want to listen to music, I find Pandora in the list of my 'favorite places' and click to open it.  It opens a new window, and my station pops up (in my case, it's The Partridge Family Radio) and then I click on the start icon and music starts playing.  Except now, when I click on the start icon, it switches to another song - but nothing plays, there is no music.  Every time I click on the start button, it changes songs, AS IF I was hitting the 'skip' icon instead.  But when I hit the skip icon, same thing - another song, no music.  If I hit the 'play again' icon - same thing, another song, but no music.  

I've rebooted the computer.  I know my speakers are working.  I make sure the computer isn't on 'mute'.  I've tried everything I know how to do.   I can't find Pandora in my Start menu...  It should be there, but it doesn't seem to be, so I can't even uninstall it.   I miss my music, please help!  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @LuvRats19. 👋

Thanks for your patience over the weekend, and for providing those details. Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Microsoft Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hardware:

• PC laptop: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC desktop: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 Ghz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM, or AMD Athlon 64 2800 or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • You'll also need consistent bandwidth of at least 150 kbps. If you upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium and want to use high quality audio, we recommend at least 300 kbps.

++

I would recommend using one of the supported browsers listed above, or downloading the Pandora Desktop App for Windows Computers (if you're interested).

If you're interested in the Pandora Desktop App for Windows, I've included steps to install it below.

• You can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.
  • Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.
  • Note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

lisanne
Local Performer

I am having the same or similar issue. I've been using Pandora on my Windows 10 computer with Firefox for many years with no issues except the occasional internet bandwidth problem. In the last 2 days, Pandora just quit working. It looks normal except that when I click the play button it doesn't play. Instead it looks like it is skipping ahead to the next song, but there is no sound and the play button doesn't change to a pause button like usual. After reading your advice here, I didn't feel it helped me. I tried opening a different browser (Edge) and -- behold! -- it works! Still won't work in Firefox though, which is my preferred browser. Maybe you guys updated something on your end, or Firefox did??

I would like to be able to play music on Firefox, but at least I can use Edge for now.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lisanne! Welcome to community! 👋

Let's try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora on Firefox:

• Update Firefox here
  • Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:
    • Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
    • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
    • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
    • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
    • Click Clear now.
    • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.
  • Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:
    • Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
    • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
    • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
    • Click Manage Permissions...
    • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.
  • Make sure you are allowing Pandora to automatically play sound:
    • Click the "i" icon to the left of the address bar while visiting the pandora.com web page.
    • In the Permissions section, confirm the Autoplay setting is set to Allow Audio and Video.
    • If not, click on the dropdown arrows to select that option.
  • Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  • If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  • Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground

I have to say honest that Firefox will not play a lot of things and so all
i can say go to goggle chrome and u should be ok

0 Kudos

myparis2007
Local Performer

I clicked on my profile, logged out and logged back in and now its fine

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear that you're back to listening, @myparis2007. If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

ORNELAS_09
Local Performer

maybe cuz u internet not workin foo

0 Kudos

Sissy1966
Local Performer

I’m going to do it through the exact same thing Pandora is not working I’ve been with Pandora for many years and I’m getting ready to cancel my subscription and go with Spotify it’s better than paying $12.99 a month and not being able to listen to my music. And the $12.99  is supposed to be a family plan that’s not true if you’re listening to it somebody in the family cannot listen to it at the same time so it’s not really a family plan

Linda Dainn Ferrrl
0 Kudos