cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Desktop App Keeps Pausing

mikeb79
Local Performer

not sure why this is happening but the pandora app on my desktop keeps pausing.  if i switch stations it plays again and after a couple of minutes it just pauses.

there are definitely no internet issues or firewall issues, i am the IT support at my office and this is happening on my work computer

i uninstalled the app, restarted, re-installed the app, restarted and it continues to pause

is anyone else having the same issue?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

r1armadillo
Local Performer

I appreciate you trying to help, but as I suspected, waiting a couple of days has "resolved" the issue. I listened for many hours last night without a problem. Everything is now working fine!  

Hopefully this was just a bug in the app and the Pandora team has seen enough issue that they fixed it, OR the gremlins decided to go bother someone else :p! 

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mikeb79. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. Have you tried resetting the Pandora app?

You can try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).

Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

r1armadillo
Local Performer

This is happening on my home pc. Get's about 3/4 way through the song and stops, though the player still looks like it's playing. Change station, starts playing again. Go back to previous station, picks up where it left off (at least on first attempt), but then stops within 10 or so seconds. Has been working great up until a few days ago.

I have done the reset app and clear cache and reset options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the MS store.

Works fine on my phone.

0 Kudos

williate45
Underground

I have been having this issue as well, it started on Saturday.  It seems to only happen with auto-play.  I can listen to a specific song or album but when auto-play kicks in it will play about half of a song and then just stops.  I've tried resetting the app, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing helps.  Was there an update over the weekend?  After I reinstalled the app, it looked different.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @r1armadillo @williate45 @mikeb79. 👋

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information. Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not resolve the issue. 

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. We've created an internal ticket to share more details about this issue with them. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE);
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left);
  5. Windows version & build;
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  8. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

williate45
Underground

Thank you for your help in this matter.

1. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad;
  2. laptop;
  3. Wi-fi;
  4. Pandora Version 15.03.3.0
  5. Window 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.985
  6. I get the following message when I try to restart the song after it stops playing: "We are experiencing trouble playing audio. If problems persist check your internet connection and refresh the browser.";
  7. I am able to stream through a Edge but there are some buffering issues after a song finishes (I have not tried to access Pandora with Chrome or Firefox; and
  8. No, I don't even know what a "Preview Build of Windows" is.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@williate45 Thanks for sharing that!

I've passed this information along to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

r1armadillo
Local Performer

I appreciate you trying to help, but as I suspected, waiting a couple of days has "resolved" the issue. I listened for many hours last night without a problem. Everything is now working fine!  

Hopefully this was just a bug in the app and the Pandora team has seen enough issue that they fixed it, OR the gremlins decided to go bother someone else :p! 

Cheers! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@r1armadillo Thanks so much for letting me know. Sounds like you're all set now.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@awd Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

Windows Desktop App:

This thread is specific for issues with the Windows Desktop App.

To clarify, are you also running into this same issue when streaming Pandora on the Windows Desktop app?

Or are you only running into this issue when streaming Pandora through a web browser?

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music stopping on all web browsers:

In the meantime, it sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

dh5072_123
Underground

Did not work.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @dh5072_123 👋

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that the Desktop Troubleshooting steps didn't help with your issue.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we and our engineers can take a closer look at what's going on.

I'd like to report this issue to an internal ticket for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks for your help with this

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos