cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Desktop App: Error Message

johnxliii
Underground
Internal Server Error
Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon.

This is the same message I got yesterday when I finally gave up and signed off.  And I also frequently get a message that reads approximately "Something has gone wrong, and we are working to fix it"

Is this me or is something seriously wrong at Pandora?  I am about ready to cancel my subscription and go back to playing my own recordings.

mod edit: changed title for clarity
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @johnxliii. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering that error message.

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device when this happens?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
  • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

johnxliii
Underground
I am on a Dell PC running Windows 11 and am using the Pandora APP which I had down-loaded loaded when I became a customer a long time ago after learning about Pandora while visiting my daughter's house.
I would like to continue my subscription because I like the variety of music available but I can't handle the constant failure messages that I can't seem to clear once they start.
Your help will be appreciated.
John Zimmerman

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @johnxliii. 👋

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information. 

I've taken a look and it seems like you're on the older app. We no longer support the old Windows 10 app, so we'd recommend that you uninstall it and install the new desktop app.

To do that:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu.
  2. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  3. Next, find our new app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

johnxliii
Underground
I followed your suggestion and upgraded the Pandora App on my PC.  The situation is much improved but still happens occasionally.  It seems to happen most often when I am playing from one of my collections, "My Thumbs Up" playlist.  I'm not sure why that would be other than perhaps size.  There are over 800 songs in that playlist.
My other comment would be with the message that is produced whenever the error is triggered. I don't believe you have dropped everything to work on my problem.
However, I do like your application and, now that the issue seems mostly to be fixed, I can go back to enjoying it. Thanks for your help.
John Zimmerman
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update and for your feedback, @johnxliii.

I will share this will our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

onyx69772
Local Performer

I am getting the same issue with podcasts. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both app on phone and PC (Windows 11). I get the same error on the webplayer (Chrome). Please fix for everyone

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @onyx69772 

Are you receiving these messages only when playing Podcasts? If so, is it only for a specific podcast or all podcast shows/episodes?

However, it seems like you attempted some troubleshooting steps for your desktop app by uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I would also suggest resetting your app data on your desktop app.

To do that, press Alt on your keyboard to bring up the menu option at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

+++

Lastly, it seems like you're having the same issue on your Chrome browser as well.

Please try our Chrome Troubleshooting steps to see if this will help get rid of that error message.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos