cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App

briansexton75
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with the Pandora app on my MacBook. Please help!! Nothing I've done helps. I've been through the troubleshooting steps, but nothing.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Joe_Tropic. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error message. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

++

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

*Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @briansexton75. 👋

Thanks for running through the troubleshooting steps. I'm sorry to hear that they didn't help with your issue. I can report your specific experience over to engineering for further review.

Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Apple MacBook
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  7. Does this happen with stations or playlists (or both) when using the desktop app? 

Let me know.

0 Kudos

briansexton75
Local Performer
  1. Apple MacBook: Apple MacBook Pro 2017
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN): Wi-Fi, very strong signal
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora: Version 2.6.0 (131)
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac: Version 10.15.4
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say? "Something Went Wrong" on a blank blue screen
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox? Yes
  7. Does this happen with stations or playlists (or both) when using the desktop app? It's stuck on this blue screen everytime I open the app. I've deleted the app and re-installed also. No changes, still getting error.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thank you so much for getting back to me with those details, @briansexton75. Very helpful.

Also, are you using a work computer when this happens?

++

I actually created a separate community thread for your specific issue. Those who commented on the other thread were using web browsers.  In the meantime, I've shared all of the information you've provided with our engineering team. A ticket has been created and they are investigating this. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 🎧

0 Kudos

briansexton75
Local Performer

Thank you. I'm using my personal MacBook. Can you give me a link to the new thread?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for confirming. I will add this info to the ticket.

This is the new thread (the one you're posting in): "Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App 

The original thread is now titled: "Something Has Gone Wrong" on Web Browser 

This will help other users differentiate which thread to post in, if they experience this error message on the desktop app on a MAC computer.

Thanks again for reporting this! 👍

0 Kudos

susanw2
Local Performer

Hi,

When I open the pandora desktop app it loads the blue screen and says: "Something went wrong. Try refreshing the page and if the problem continues, please come back and try again later."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app from Pandora's website twice. Still get the same message.

Setup: Mac Mini running OS Catalina 10.15.7.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @susanw2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this error message. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App 

Could you share a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing?

To take a screenshot:

1. Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  2. Attach that file in your next response.

++

Also, please provide the following details so that I can update the internal ticket we have open for this issue.

1. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  2. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  3. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  4. Are there any other error messages? If so, what do they say?
  5. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  6. Are you using a VPN?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

susanw2
Local Performer

Hi @AlyssaPandora thanks for your help!

Answers:

1. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN); Wi-Fi
  2. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora); Version 15.0.3 (15.0.3)
  3. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac); OS Catalina 10.15.7
  4. Are there any other error messages? If so, what do they say? No other messages, says the same thing each time I try to open it.
  5. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox? Yes
  6. Are you using a VPN? No

Screenshot attached

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.21.18 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@susanw2 Thanks for sending that over.

I have added your information to the ticket we currently have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing you with updates as we receive them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Joe_Tropic
Local Performer

@AdamPandora  & @AlyssaPandora    

Almost a year you have not updated any resolution regarding this matter, you had me pay for a subscription that I cannot enjoy. This is a Joke , I need you to refund my money, totally absurd. 

At least you could have posted something like: "Working on it" or when are you expect this to be solved. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Joe_Tropic. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error message. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

++

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

*Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

View solution in original post

Joe_Tropic
Local Performer

By doing this " Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data. " 

The whole app launched perfectly , thanks for the support ! Have wonderful life 🙂

AlyssaPandora

@Joe_Tropic Thanks for letting me know. Glad to hear that you're back to listening without any issues.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos