cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge #5: The 1970s Era

Pandora

What A Decade The 1970s Truly Was! The great inventions that were made. Inventions that are still being used today. Music had a dramatic change in the 1970s. The change was filled with sorrow, but also with great enthusiasm. The Beatles split in 1970, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, Duane Allman, Clyde McPhatter, Ron (Pigpen) McKernan, Clarence White, and Paul Williams all passed away in their prime. The Twin Towers and the Sears Tower in Chicago were completed. The E-mail was invented along with the cell phone, LCD, the MRI machine, the VCR, Genetic Engineering, the ink printer, the floppy disk. The list goes on. R&B, Soul, Jazz, Hip Hop, and Hard Rock took off like a bullet fired from a gun. KISS and Led Zeppelin came into the spotlight, to name a couple of big ones. As for T.V., Soul Train the weekly T.V. show came on in 1971, the Sonny and Cher Show, Hee-Haw, The Donnie and Marie Osmond Show, again just to name a few.

Shout out to @MOHLovesAlaska for helping us come up with the idea for this week's challenge! Thank you!

20200512_125609_0000.png

• Q: 1970s R&B song
    • A: 
  • Q: 1970s Jazz song
    • A: 
  • Q: A song from a group that was on Soul Train?
    • A: 
  • Q: A song from an artist that was on the Donnie & Marie Osmond Show
    • A:  
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Q: 1970s R&B song
    • A: Sunny by Ella Fitzgerald ☀️
    • A:  Copacabana (At the Copa) by Barry Manilow 🎶
Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@AlyssaPandora nicely done with the artist along with the songs you picked. Take care and stay safe. I want to personally thank you for also allowing me to be part of this weeks challenge once again. You, @TannerPandora@ErickPandora  and @AdamPandora have been great. Thank you all.

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Thanks, and no problem at all. I'm enjoying the era playlist challenges! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

MOHLovesAlaska

Kelaiah_201217
Local Performer

Back in the day that's when you could enjoy God and the songs that was played like Oh Happy Day,Be Grateful,I'll take you there, and Come by Here,Good Lord.

@Kelaiah_201217 how right you are. Click on this link to here a good tune I think you may like. https://pandora.app.link/4tT4IvMGw6 Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

HulaGirl69
Local Performer
  • Q1970s R&B song
    • A: Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers 1971
    • A: Rise - Herb Alpert 1979
    • A: I'll Take You There by The Staple Singers on Soul Train 1972
    • A:  Boogie Fever - The Sylvers in the mid-1970s

@HulaGirl69  great choices with the artist as well as the songs. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska