cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/2/24: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

StevenParraJr
Local Performer

Same answer I'm gettin from the Pandora team that dont work it started goin Grey yesterday and no longer works messes up the whole Pandora experience lame and very disappointing..I've reached out but how they answer it won't get fixed on my end so paying more to get less is what they want me to do

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
83 Replies

LKB77
Local Performer

I am not able to add variety to a station. Get a blank grey screen. 

Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973U. OS12. VERSION 2403.1

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Beachbum79 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

Your feedback has now been passed along to the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

jl4president
Local Performer

Same issue for weeks if not months now. I've searched for solutions & keep seeing posts within the community that Pandora is marking as "resolved" although they're not providing an actual solution.

To Pandora: 1) you shouldn't be able to mark something resolved if there isn't an actual solution to fix it 2) this is affecting tons of people and y'all know that so ... what gives? 3) I think the only thing that works right now is signing in on an actual computer. You can add variety there. I get the same issue as the OG poster when using the Pandora app (up-to-date - Version 2403.1) on my Samsung Galaxy S22 with operating system One UI Version 6.0 Android version 14.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jl4president. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering the blank screen when adding variety as well. I understand how frustrating that can be. For transparency, this issue has been reported to our tech team behind the scenes and we've passed along all of the reports from this thread on internal ticket we have open. Thank you for sharing your device details - this is very helpful for our team. 👍

We appreciate you being an active participant in our community and sharing your thoughts. 

Marking the status post as the solution pins it at the top of the thread so that other community friends can be informed prior to posting on the thread. In the accepted solution, the moderation team may request specific information, share troubleshooting steps that could help, or mark the status of the thread. If the post is being used to share status updates, you'll notice a message included in the solution like the one below. 

*Please note: The Accepted as a Solution for this thread is meant to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

JeffAlan2279
Local Performer
Apparently, Pandora had left the building on this one. All they say is
they'll pass it on to the techs or some such. I'm guessing somebody at
Pandora uses this app and know it's a problem. Should've been fixed
already and they should've contacted us through the app to let us know
they're aware of and working on this. Maybe it'd be different if we
posits for the service... oh.. wait... we do.

Lozmercenary002
Local Performer

Same issue on all stations.  I can make new stations, but can't add to existing stations.  

Make/model: samsung flip 5

Android os: 14

Pandora version: 2403.1

dbraunst1
Local Performer

Hi. I have a Pixel 6 and every time I try to add a new band it crashes or just goes to this gray screen never to return. I have tried deleting the cache and data, turning my phone on and off, etc. it's really annoying because I've done it s lot before. Any ideas 💡? Thanks 

Rensong
Local Performer

I haven't been able to add variety to any of my stations for a few weeks, even my personalized stations that I had been previously able to add to even before I got a paid subscription. I click on the "+" and it just goes to a black screen. I can still get back to my stations and there's no interference with the music playing, I just can't add variety anymore. I have a paid subscription, too, so it is extra annoying not to have a basic feature.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dbraunst1 @Rensong I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

The most recent update regarding this issue can be found in the accepted solution. Any new updates will be posted there.*

In the meantime, I've made sure to pass your feedback along to our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos

soccercasanova
Local Performer

Pretty quick way to give Spotify more customers.

This has been an ongoing issue. I'm about to cancel my subscription as there has been no communication or work arounds. I have a free acct and a paid one in my house, and this is just frustrating 

ntg2978
Underground

I have a Moto G 5G 2023 with Android 13. I tried adding variety to a station that I've added variety to before (with a different phone), and I get a grey screen.

Previously, I was using a Moto G Power 2022 with Android 11, and I could add variety to the same station just fine.

This seems to be an issue with the later versions of Android.

I can add variety to the same station, via the web, just fine, so I know it's not the station's limitations; rather it has something to do with the Pandora app itself.

It seems this issue has been abundantly confirmed by now; wondering what Pandora is doing to try to fix it?

I've been a premium member for a few years now.

Thanks

This is happening with the latest version of Pandora; this issue does not exist with the 2310.1 version (I've successfully downgraded and it is working again)

For anyone who wants to downgrade, find the older version here:

This file was saved using Swift Backup, you should be able to install by changing name to apk, or use Swift Backup to open it if you feel more comfortable.

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

Sesprader
Local Performer

Same issue as everyone else here. Just getting a Grey screen when I try to "add variety". Samsung galaxy s21

fosgate3
Opening Act

Same thing here. Never had such an issue until this month. Galaxy S20 FE

Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G781U)

Android version 13

Pandora version 2403.1

mod edit: merged comments

Alexa1
Local Performer

Getting black screen when I select Add Variety.

Samsung Galaxy S9

Model: SM-G960U1

Android OS: 10

Pandora version: 2403.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Sesprader @Alexa1 @fosgate3 @ntg2978 @soccercasanova @Lozmercenary002 @JeffAlan2279. 👋

Thank you for posting your device details and feedback. I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. 🎧

*Please note: The Accepted as a Solution for this thread is meant to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

Sesprader
Local Performer
I keep seeing this response as if this is an issue that is being worked on. Yet, people have been reaching out about this issue for weeks without an update. When can we expect a resolution?

Get Outlook for Android<>

ntg2978
Underground

To anyone who wants to fix this issue, follow these steps:

1. Google this:  pandora 2310.1 apk

2. Download that apk file

3. Google this: online virus scan for apk

4. Upload that apk file you downloaded and scan it for viruses and malware; confirm that it is safe to use on your phone.

5. Copy the downloaded apk file to your phone

6. Uninstall your current version of Pandora

7. Use Android's "Files" app to find the Pandora apk you copied to your phone, and install it

8. Open Pandora on your phone and login as usual

9. Verify you can indeed add variety to stations again, without getting a grey/black screen

This has successfully worked for me, running Android 13.  I'm fairly certain this is an issue with the latest version of Pandora, so downgrading fixes it.

I highly suggest you turn off "Auto-Update apps" on Google Play Store, so that you don't automatically get updates that don't work.  You can read the reviews for the newer versions, and if they are having issues, then you can choose not to upgrade till they are fixed.

Good luck!

Edit: changed "auto download apps" to "Auto-Update apps"

I wouldn't hold your breath, they hardly ever fix anything from my experience.  They forward our messages to the appropriate department, and then nothing is ever done until hopefully it's fixed in the next version, whenever that may be.

moderator edit: merged comments

Ardent_Fae
Underground

Oh I know! I've been a Pandora subscriber/user since 2010. Customer service was MUCH better prior to the SXM acquisition. But none of that will stop me from being a nuisance and pestering them about them dragging their feet to fix major bugs like this. I'm still getting the "playlist unavailable" bug and that's been an issue for months now. Its really disappointing too because it throws an error into the notification bar where it should show the track that's playing and the error message stops last.fm from scrobbling my plays. And I use last.fm because Pandora no longer keeps data history of your plays for end of the year stats. 

Lamigra806
Local Performer

This worked! I got the file from FileHippo. They tend to be a safe site in the past for everything I've used. Thanks for the tip!

I would add to turn on the Autoblocker when you have completed all your steps. You don't want download something unsafe later. Good luck everyone. 

ntg2978
Underground

@Lamigra806,

Glad it worked for you, thanks for confirming it works on your phone as well.