cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing Content for Offline Mode

Mr_Air
Underground

I reported this as inappropriate - sarcasm doesn't work for me.  I want the answer Mr./Ms. Moderator!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mr_Air. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to a separate thread as you can choose the content you download with Premium. 

How Offline Listening Works:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

• For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations.
  • Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.
  • Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.
  • Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as much content as we can before we hit that limit.

++

Choosing Offline Stations with Plus:

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, and there's an existing suggestion for this here: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus 

• To upvote an idea, please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. Upvoting and leaving comments gives you the opportunity to express your interest in seeing a request implemented.
  • For more details about how feature requests work in the Pandora Community, I encourage you to check out our Ideas Policy & FAQs

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you (with Pandora Plus), try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list.

++

Offline Listening with Premium:

Pandora Premium subscribers can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening. Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio.

You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection:

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

You can also remove all of your downloaded content at once. Let me know if you'd like me to send over the steps for doing that.

For more information about how Offline Listening works, feel free to check out this helpful article.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mr_Air. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to a separate thread as you can choose the content you download with Premium. 

How Offline Listening Works:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

• For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations.
  • Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.
  • Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.
  • Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as much content as we can before we hit that limit.

++

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, and there's an existing suggestion for this here: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus 

• To upvote an idea, please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. Upvoting and leaving comments gives you the opportunity to express your interest in seeing a request implemented.
  • For more details about how feature requests work in the Pandora Community, I encourage you to check out our Ideas Policy & FAQs

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you (with Pandora Plus), try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list.

++

Offline Listening with Premium:

Pandora Premium subscribers can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening. Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio.

You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection:

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

You can also remove all of your downloaded content at once. Let me know if you'd like me to send over the steps for doing that.

For more information about how Offline Listening works, feel free to check out this helpful article.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Kylieghk
Local Performer

It only gives the option to edit/ share. It’s an IPad

0 Kudos

pfaulkner
Local Performer

ok, so I admit it - I am dumb about these things.  I upgraded my plan to Pandora Premium to be able to download music to listen to for when I am hiking in areas of new cell or internet services.

except setting it up is not like the articles say and the chat is automated so can't give me exacting assistance.

I do better if I can speak with somebody by voice to help me figure this out.  Is there somebody willing to call me?  Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pfaulkner! Welcome to community and thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing thread we have for offline content: Choosing Content for Offline Mode

You can find steps on how to download content for offline listening for your phone above - click here to view. If you run into trouble, let me know which step you're having trouble with and I can help out.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kylieghk! Thanks for posting to community. I moved your message over to a thread that I think fits better: Choosing Content for Offline Mode

I checked your Pandora account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus. Please check out the accepted solution above for more information on Offline Mode for Plus subscribers. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cadenasrosy
Local Performer

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

0 Kudos

woodward22
Local Performer

How do you remove a station from downloads?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@woodward22 Nice to see you around the Community.

3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

JaxDutchShell
Local Performer

I listen to my Pandora Plus (which I have had for about 15 years) but where I live now I frequently lose wi-fi, so it kicks on with my Offline Stations.  Well, those were created by the app, not by me, and if I need to go to an offline station, those are NOT the three I want.  How do I change these?  I listen on an old Kindle most of the time, though I do also have an iPhone that is about five years old.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @JaxDutchShell. 👋

Thanks for taking the time to post about this. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Choosing Content for Offline Mode

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread.

++

• To upvote an idea, please click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the request. Upvoting and leaving comments gives you the opportunity to express your interest in seeing a request implemented.

0 Kudos