cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Playlist from Thumbs Up songs

malgor
Underground

I am trying premium, and would like to make it easier for me to get my playlists started.

I would like a feature that allows me to automatically create a playlist of all the songs I have "thumbs up" on my pandora radio station. 

For example, I have an 80s new wave/alt rock station that I've listened to for 7 years.  I have given "thumbs up" to a lot of great songs, some are hard to find.  

It would be amazing if I could click a button and have a new playlist automatically populated with all those songs.

is this possible?  I would REALLY like to see this.

malgor

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@malgor I moved your post to the My Collection space as there is already a playlist for this included with your Pandora Premium subscription - it's called My Thumbs Up Playlist.

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed Up tracks from each of your stations. Every time you thumb up a song on your stations, it will be automatically added to this playlist. My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed Up.

To listen to this playlist, go to My Collection, filter by Playlists and select My Thumbs Up.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@malgor I moved your post to the My Collection space as there is already a playlist for this included with your Pandora Premium subscription - it's called My Thumbs Up Playlist.

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed Up tracks from each of your stations. Every time you thumb up a song on your stations, it will be automatically added to this playlist. My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed Up.

To listen to this playlist, go to My Collection, filter by Playlists and select My Thumbs Up.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos

malgor
Underground

Does that only work for every thumbs up on every station at once?  What I mean is: I want a playlist of thumbs up from JUST a specific station.  That way I can have playlists separated by genre etc.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@malm That is an additional feature of Pandora Premium - once upgraded, Thumbs Up playlists for each of your stations will begin to generate as you start thumbing while on your upgraded account.

If you run into any trouble with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here

0 Kudos

malgor
Underground

can you send me a link to instructions?  The only playlist I see right now is for thumbs up from all stations in one big playlist.  

It sounds like you're saying it will only generate for specific stations once I start "thumbs up" after I've upgraded. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@malgor While there isn't a link I can provide with instructions, I can say that the stations you continue to thumb up tracks on should generate those Thumbs Up playlists as they gain enough thumb feedback.

If you run into any trouble with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

malgor
Underground

Ok, I must be missing something.  I have stations with 100s of "thumbs up" songs on them, yet I only see one playlist that combines every thumbs up from every station into a massive playlist.  I do not see any options under "playlists" in my collection to select a playlist with only "thumbs up" tracks from a particular station.

pato88
Local Performer
2 questions if I may: My thumbs up icon keep disappearing from the home page, I have to use the search button to find it but then disappears again. Also my profile has 100 songs as thumbs up , but the icon only shows 88. Did I loose the rest? Im using the basic subscription $4.99..is that the issue? Best Regards.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pato88 can you confirm if you're listening to Pandora on a mobile device or on a computer?

• If you're on a computer, which browser are you using?
  • If you're using a mobile device, what is the make and model?
    • Also, can you let me know what Pandora version you're on. (If you need help with this, let me know. )

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Hey, quick question. Does the Thumbs Up Playlist only appear when you're Premium or can you have the feature without the Premium?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@207770 Great question!

The My Thumbs Up Playlist will only appear in your collection when you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps clarify. 😁

0 Kudos

Iamalive
Local Performer

Does thumbs up equal a favorites list that is only accessible via a premium account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iamalive I moved your post over to this existing thread: Create Playlist from Thumbs Up songs

Yes - My Thumbs Up playlist is only accessible when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

bbsatx
Local Performer

If you make an artist station how many thumbs up do you need to create/generate a playlist?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bbsatx While we aren't able to give out a specific number as this is something that is constantly getting tested, after you have thumbed up enough songs on any given station you've created, we'll automatically generate a "Thumbs Up" playlist for that station. In other words, we'll collect your thumbs up from that station into a unique playlist, so you can access all of your favorite tracks whenever you want.

Are you having trouble with one of your Thumbs Up playlists not generating?

If so, what station is it for?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

bbsatx
Local Performer

Never mind. I figured out how to make it create the missing playlist. I had to add a song to a new playlist with the artist name then it populated all the previous thumbs up I had on the station.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bbsatx Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

JeffL71
Local Performer

With a Premium account - if I manually add a song to the station's Thumbed Up playlist, will that song be added as a Thumbed Up song to the corresponding station?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JeffL71 Manually adding a track to a stations corresponding My Thumbs Up playlist will not add the track to the Thumbs Up list on the station itself.

However, if you thumb up a track on the station itself, it will add to both the stations Thumbs Up list, as well as it's corresponding My Thumbs Up playlist.

Hope this helps clarify. 

JordanHenderson
Underground

I would like to see Playlists have a setting that they start in Shuffle mode or always be played as created. 

Playlists created from Thumbs should be, by default, start Shuffled.  Playlists that you create should always be in creation order (so you can put songs back-to-back).

I have some great playlists created from Thumbs on favorite stations, but I'm always selecting Shuffle mode to avoid hearing the same songs too much.

0 Kudos