cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Shuffle starts playing stations not selected

KRabbipal
Underground

I have some Christmas stations selected for my current shuffle, and I noticed songs are playing from stations that are not currently selected to be shuffled. The screen shots show the stations the songs are a part of, and that those stations are not currently part of my selected shuffle stations. This has been happening ever since I selected all my Christmas stations and unselected the other ones.

Snag_1490d424.pngSnag_1490e2ab.pngSnag_1490eb75.png

Labels (2)
46 Replies

KRabbipal
Underground

@cherylann1965 , congratulations on your upcoming wedding reception! This thread has been opened since the beginning of December, and they haven't found any solutions yet (or maybe it just hasn't been looked at yet, I'm not sure). So just a suggestion since you have an important event coming up, you might want to come up with a plan B instead of waiting on Pandora to fix this. Best of luck to you! 😁

0 Kudos

cherylann1965
Local Performer

Thank you for the congratulations. My wedding is not until spring 2023, so Pandora has time to work on the problem before my event, although I hope they don't take that long. But I do have contingency plans for everything from dress to location to food and everything else including music.

Cheryl
0 Kudos

JoshBranJones
Opening Act

Nine months later, this has finally solved for me. I tried to Custom Shuffle this weekend, and it worked. It's sad to even say this, but I'm overjoyed.

(For now, at least.)

If you've been having this problem, hopefully it'll randomly get fixed for you at some point too. Good luck.

KRabbipal
Underground

Wow, lucky you! I used it this weekend and had random Christmas songs pop in still. Although in fairness I guess it hasn't been a full nine months for me... 😂

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

It does take about 4 songs for the changeover to be noticed, I've found.  Gotta let the AI catch up!  😉 

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

On a Friday... I'm typically streaming in the car (via Android) and then switching to apple desktop once I get to the office.  No error messages. Just seems to be more likely to go "off the rails" on a Friday.... as if maybe your team is perhaps making any upgrades on the back-end "live"?   Has not been as bad the past few months, but I did note it yesterday for a bit.  

Pandora used to be really good at integrating really divergent styles of music into a coherent shuffle. But lately, it just seems to be more "random" with jarring juxtapositions.  (Twenties jazz immediately into Stevie Nicks... but without the long-game sort of bridging to get there like you'd had in the past. It's like the smart-bots aren't as smart as they were.) 

0 Kudos

KPH
Local Performer
I figured that out... *eventually*. Hah!
*Thanks!*

*Kevin *

*New Orleans*
0 Kudos