cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different track played from thumbed up version

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Would you morons stop screwing with the albums that songs are on!! They don't change that much and neither does the artwork! You didn't do stupid s*** like this before Sirius XM bought you

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

You don't actually read what I write do you?

I never said they had to, it was just merely a suggestion or offer. Also it wasn't for this issue what I was saying was that the other posts I had made might help them understand that it's not just one issue but a whole network. By the way I never said I didn't appreciate y'all trying to help me of course it's appreciated. But that doesn't mean that you get the only voice

Also speaking for other people is not cool dude

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Yeah. And I'm betting this song isn't the only one to doing that

0 Kudos

NikkiW
Opening Act

I understand there are other issues, was just trying to focus on one and maybe find a solution but I don’t think I understand the issue still. A station can play whatever songs it wants, maybe that’s why you’re getting it from different albums?
As for your other posts, thank you for pointing out you have other posts but I think I’ll stop here. Maybe I’m misunderstanding but if you felt someone was speaking for me, I don’t think that was their point. Hopefully your issue gets resolved. 

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

If they were two different songs you'd be correct, but they're not. They're both Society by Eddie Vedder just on two different albums thus having two different artworks 1. from the Into The Wild soundtrack, which is embedded into my station and 2. Earthling calm cuts version which seems to have taken the place of the into the wild version.

About the rest of it. when I'm trying to reply to you about a question you had, then no it was not meant for someone else to answer

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Where's my moderator? None of these are any kind of solution! As much as I appreciate their help it's mostly just trying to understand my problem it's not an actual solution

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the help and replies @Trevor1 and @NikkiW! 🙌

Hi @-_-1 

Looking through the thread, it sounds like the track Society by Eddie Vedder played from another album that wasn't the one you thumbed up on your station (Acoustic & Instrumental) Radio.

Checking our catalog, the track Society is available on two separate albums, Into The Wild (Music For The Motion Picture) and Earthling Expansion: The Calm Cuts.

Keep in mind that thumbs up and seeds on your stations will inspire similar music to play. Since the track is associated with more than one album, that's what appears to be happening. Listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on your stations. The use of thumbs and seeds let's Pandora know the type of music you'd like to listen to but doesn't necessarily mean that particular track will play each time.

As a free ad supported user, I would recommend continue to customize your experience by using thumbs up and down on your stations to let Pandora know what you like and don't like. If you'd prefer not to hear the version of Society that played from another album, feel free to thumb it down. It will only apply to that particular track and only on that station. You can always go back and edit your thumbs later.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

@TannerPandoraI'm aware of most of that if you take a look at my profile you'll see how long I've been up with Pandora. The simple fact is that I have less stations than other people because I don't need to create stations anymore I've customized the ones I already have down to the point that I can have a run of songs that I've pre-thummed up almost 30 straight. Some of my stations have over 500 thumbs up and over seven pages worth of seeds. this I know how to do. My point is if it's going to play the same song from another album it should appear not thumbed up as in a separate song not overtaking the previous one... basically as best I can put it, it doesn't seem to allow for the fact that both albums exist in Pandora.

If this helps as an example think about it this way: think about Evanescence/ Amy Lee, and how many versions of Bring Me to Life she has. One from the original Fallen album, two from live albums, one from a 2003 Daredevil soundtrack, one from the Fallen remastered just to name a few. See the screenshots, I'm not saying you have that many versions of the same song but you're telling me that with one artist having that many versions, different albums don't matter?

Screenshot_20240323-065332.png

Screenshot_20240323-065348.png

Screenshot_20240323-065415.png

0 Kudos

-_-1
Diamond in the Rough

Still waiting on pretend confidence  @TannerPandora. Also I noticed something new, of which my old problem has yet to be fixed much was attempted to be dealt with. The fact is I own this CD Flyleaf, and while breathe today is on there breathe today demo is not. Not only am I betting this is happening all across Pandora, but I'm also betting this just shows a certain level of pure incompetence

0326241916.jpg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@-_-1 

We may substitute one version of a song with another version of the same song that has what is called "interactive rights." This helps us to maximize the playback experience by allowing listeners to have features such as the ability to replay songs, or by making the song available for offline listening depending on your subscription tier. As mentioned, the example you gave has multiple versions of the track available, which explains your experience.

Similarly, the album "Flyleaf" by Flyleaf has multiple versions available. In our catalog, the album "Flyleaf" was released in 2006 with 11 songs. Another album, with the same name, was released the following year, 2007, which compromised of 6 demo songs.

We appreciate you sharing your experience and I've noted your feedback with the appropriate teams on your behalf.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Trevor1
On the Rise

Everyone else may sit back and not say anything but something needs to be said. Multiple people have tried to help you and you continue to be rude, disrespectful, and basically a jerk. I am not sure what your problem is but your responses aren’t helpful or acceptable. If you can’t respond in a respectful and mature manner, maybe you shouldn’t respond at all. If you want to only hear the songs you want and that never to change, make a PLAYLIST! If you are listening to a station you are not in complete control of what will be played because it’s a station. I don’t know when the moderators of this community will intervene but I think you owe people an apology for your responses and the way you treat people who have done nothing but try to help.