cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drake station gets added when app is launched

Samthepegasus
Local Performer

I started getting an ad for this new Drake song, called Slide or something. I don't like rap, so I ignore the ad. But now any time I open the app, it creates a Drake station. I've deleted it about three times today. This last time it didn't show up in my stations, but it was still playing as though I had a station for it, so I couldn't delete it.

Please help, I don't know what to do to stop this station from showing up.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update 08/20/20: Our engineers are aware of the issue with Drake Radio getting added to your collection on its own, and continuing to recreate itself even after deleting.

We will be providing you all with an update when we receive more information on this, so please keep an eye out on this thread.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Samthepegasus Would it be possible to send us a screen-recording of what is happening when you launch the app?

We appreciate your help with this! 

0 Kudos

Samthepegasus
Local Performer

Thanks for responding so quickly. I keep screen recording as I open the app, but the issue seems to have resolved itself. Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Samthepegasus Thank you for updating us on this.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎

0 Kudos

Crckt
Local Performer

I am have this issue also. In the past few days drake has two songs in my playlist. I don’t not like his music and have never listened to it and don’t want to ever hear it. How do I delete these songs?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crckt I'm happy to look into this.

What is the name of the playlist those tracks by Drake were added to?

Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Miridios
Local Performer

I had this Drake station appear 9 times within the last hour and I have deleted it every time.  I'm cancelling my pandora account because of this and going with another service.  The top artist right now is Drake, so I'm sure Pandora is pushing his content without our approval.  I've had it stop my existing station from playing, then the Drake station is created and starts playing music.  This is unacceptable.

davidjharris123
Opening Act

Today I was mountain biking and going in and out of cell reception.  Every time reception was restored I would hear some very unappealing rap / hip hop noise and noticed "Drake radio" was added to my station list.  I kept deleting the god awful garbage but it kept being re-added.  I have not sold or lent any internet enabled devices to anyone and don't share any of my devices.  Please advise as to why this is happening. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Miridios I'm happy to look into this.

Do you remember if that station was initially created after tapping on a push notification that was sent to your mobile device (promoting a new Drake song)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davidjharris123 Our engineers are interested in hearing more about this.

Do you remember if that station was initially created after tapping on a push notification that was sent to your mobile device (promoting a new Drake song)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

davidjharris123
Opening Act

Adam, it was not.  I didn't receive any push notifications from pandora.  I was out in the woods and pandora was switching to offline and online modes as I was going in and out of reception.  Every time I got data service again, Drake would be added and it would start playing.  I kept deleting the station but it would come back and automatically play again.  It seems like a glitch rather than an unauthorized user.  But I'm not sure.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davidjharris123 Thanks for following up.

Our engineers would also like to know if this is still happening for you?

When switching from Offline Mode back to online, is the Drake Radio station still re-creating itself in your collection?

If so, would it be possible to send over a screen-recording of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos

Kaizer202
Local Performer

So is there just a programmer there who loves drake and thinks everyone needs to hear him? I saw someone post like back in April it kept creating a drake station on his account and here we are August and now mines doing the same thing. Like besides back to back ads consistently now, now I have to get stopped by ads because the apps like you’re listening to drake I don’t care what you’re trying to play. Kinda odd how that’s what’s playing for people with the same issue of the app running a different station when the pull up the app, seems like something someone did their intentionally. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaizer202 To clarify are you running into a similar issue?

Does the Drake Radio station continue to re-create itself in your collection after you delete it?

If so, can you please let me know if this is still occurring today? 

0 Kudos

Ferryman260
Local Performer

I didn’t get this message at all. Instead, I’m listening to my music and Out of the blue, someone adds and starts playing the Drake station over And over on my account no matter how many times I delete it!

DrObbins
Underground

**ahem** Pandora!!!

I am not posting screen shots or anything like that. The only input I can give is that I have been a paying Pandora customer for over 7 years. I have not recently upgraded anything. All of a sudden Drake radio is playing. Not even a random song but the Drake station. I have never even heard of Drake radio before. I deleted it and it keeps coming back and becoming the chosen station to listen to.

How can this Drake station show up on my playlist without Pandora knowing about it or having input? I have never listened to Drake or any music remotely similar to that style. Reading this thread it appears that others are having this issue. Does Pandora not have control over their own software or streaming service? Nothing has changed on my end so this is clearly an issue on the Pandora side.

dsafdsfsdfdsa
Local Performer

This same thing is happening to me! I'm glad to hear it is happening to others, I thought my account was being hacked!  I do not want Drake Radio, thank you.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update 08/20/20: Our engineers are aware of the issue with Drake Radio getting added to your collection on its own, and continuing to recreate itself even after deleting.

We will be providing you all with an update when we receive more information on this, so please keep an eye out on this thread.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

davidjharris123
Opening Act

I apologize for the rudeness of my original post.  I realize that Pandora didn't do this on purpose.  I will send a screen shot if I'm able to recreate the issue.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @davidjharris123. 👋

No worries! Please check out @AdamPandora's message about this issue here.

All updates about this issue will be posted on this thread.

Appreciate your patience while our engineers work on this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos