cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do thumb ratings affect Thumbprint Radio?

isupreme
Underground

Thumbprint channel. what happens when i thumb up or down tracks on thumbprint channel?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@isupreme Nice to see you around the community.

I'd be happy to help explain how thumb ratings work with Thumbprint Radio. 

Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb it up, you'll hear more tracks like that, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio, but will remain thumbed up on the original station.

So be sure to thumb freely on Thumbprint Radio; this will help us learn which thumbs you want to hear more of, and which you aren't interested in anymore.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@isupreme Nice to see you around the community.

I'd be happy to help explain how thumb ratings work with Thumbprint Radio. 

Thumbing a track up or down on Thumbprint Radio won't affect its thumb rating elsewhere. Just like your other stations, if you thumb it up, you'll hear more tracks like that, and if you thumb it down, it won't play again on Thumbprint Radio, but will remain thumbed up on the original station.

So be sure to thumb freely on Thumbprint Radio; this will help us learn which thumbs you want to hear more of, and which you aren't interested in anymore.

Hope this helps! 

Kmizok13
Local Performer

Why does my thumbs up radio only have 8 songs when I consistently hit thumbs up for a lot

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kmizok13 I'm happy to help explain. Referencing the screenshot below:

1. This section displays the total number of thumbs given across all of your stations. When giving a thumbs up to a track on one of your stations, it will then get added to this total number reported on your Thumbprint Radio station.
  2. The 8 thumbs up ratings you see below refer to the thumbs up you've given when listening to your actual Thumbprint Radio station. This number will increase as you give additional thumbs up ratings to tracks that play when listening to Thumbprint Radio.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 11.18.54 AM.png

0 Kudos

Laurabreinig
Local Performer

6182831A-992E-448A-9FCE-291BCCABA2A3.png

Help please I have 1,066 and can only see 33? Upgraded to Premium and still no change where is the entire collection? 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Laurabreinig sorry for the confusion.

The thumbs you are seeing in your Thumbprint Radio (TPR), are the songs you've given a thumb-up to while they are playing on Thumbprint Radio station. Which I understand can be a little confusing.

You have to think of your Thumbprint Radio just like any other station. You can continue to thumb up and down on the station to let us know which thumbs you want to hear more of, and which you aren't interested in any more. 

Keep in mind, thumbs are station-specific (even with TPR), so a track that you've thumbed up on another station won't show as a thumbed up track on Thumbprint Radio. For example, if you've thumbed up a song on your 'Ella Mai Radio' station, the thumbed up song will be added to the mix of 1,000 plus thumbs in your TPR, but won't actually show as thumbed up on the station.

Hope this helped to  clear up the confusion. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

joshya21
Underground

When you thumb up a song on your Thumbprint station, does it add it to your station that inspired it or just to Thumbprint?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joshya21 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How do thumb ratings affect Thumbprint Radio?

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Kevvvppp
Local Performer

So if I thumbs up a song on thumbprint radio should it stay thumbs up on thumbprint radio?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevvvppp That is correct.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos