cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Shuffle Stations

mjmchang
Local Performer

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shuffle my collection/stations! The old pandora version had the "Shuffle: option, but not it does not, both desktop and mobile version!

I only have the option of selecting a certain station in my collection but not shuffling all the songs in all my collections! This is so annoying, please bring back the old version and allow shuffling.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rickgould618 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to shuffle your stations. (Make sure to follow the steps specifically pointed out for Pandora Premium users.)

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

You do know... that if the UI isn't intuitive then your engineers are doing a terrible job, right? 

0 Kudos

Eric7765
Local Performer

The shuffle icon is not on my now playing screen. What now?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Eric7765! Thanks for posting to community.

The previous thread was specific to playlists, I've moved your post over to an existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

For steps on how to shuffle your stations on a mobile device or the web, take a look at the accepted solution found here

Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

After reading the entire thread, I would very much like to reiterate:  if the UI is not intuitive, the engineers are not doing a good job.  Most of this thread would be unnecessary if the UI were actually what users expect. 

0 Kudos

Lazerdawg
Local Performer

I got the premium sub and nothing in this makes sense. Why not just make it possible to shuffle within the playlist? Im going to cancel. This is BS. 

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

Shuffle mode should be available at all times, I agree.  But I don't understand what everyone's obsession is with playlists: it creates a stagnant music experience because it pulls from (essentially) a limited library of music. 

Pandora was originally designed to introduce listeners to new music content via the Music Genome Project--a way to get AI to recognize patterns both within and across music genres... as well as to help identify user preferences--and then feed users more content that they would enjoy.  And that was going quite well up through about 2013.  Then things started going off the rails a bit.  

Lately, Pandora began implementing new "features" that seem to limit the music that plays on any given channel to a subset of music with very little similarity to the original intent of the company.  To users who signed up early-on, this is super frustrating.  So the fact that there are users asking to simply shuffle a limited playlist is a bit confusing.  

@Lazerdawg, am I mis-reading you?  I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lazerdawg This thread provides instructions on how to shuffle your stations.

If you need instructions on how to shuffle songs within one of your customized playlists, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Turning shuffle on/off on a playlist

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Mcjeeps
Local Performer

I’m unable to shuffle my premium subscription channels. There is no shuffle option snd no pencil. There is an arrow beside each station but that only plays the station. 
I see no reason for you to have Mande a change that causes so much confusion. If you can’t fix this then there is no point in paying fees for a service that is useless and unresponsive. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mcjeeps I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

Since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, you can shuffle your stations with the following steps:

1. Go to My Collection
  2.  Sort the collection by Stations
  3. Select Shuffle Stations at the top of the screen

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

While we're on the topic of shuffle on an Apple laptop...  Why is there no way to toggle *all* stations off inside the shuffle to start over selecting shuffle stations?  My Android phone and PC desktop app both have a toggle that let's you select all/zero stations in shuffle mode.  Scrolling thru the entire list to disengage stations is super cumbersome! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scQue814 I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

This will give others around the Community the chance to upvote your idea if it's something they'd like to see added as well.

Thanks so much for your feedback.

0 Kudos

Mcjeeps
Local Performer
This doesn’t work! I don’t know how else to tell you that the only thing I can do with my stations is play each one individually.
If you cannot resolve this I will have to close my membership. How do I do that? I’ll try Spotify, which I know for a fact to allow shuffling with ease.
The bonehead who made this change ought to be the person who responds to me. Have you never heard of beta testing? A soft open? Here’s another term you do seem to know: crash test.
Best,
Robert Hosler
Sent from my iPad

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

@Mcjeeps:  Amen on beta-testing--which seems to have disappeared around  the time app engineers started pumping out a new update every Friday at 16:03.  As for soft-open, pretty sure EVERYONE is on this list!  *(funny, not funny)

0 Kudos

ithinktfiam
Underground

I had a very old laptop in the living room as my ereader/radio. Shuffle worked and I didn't pay attention to it. The laptop finally died and I'm using a slightly less old one. The supposed tips mentioned above don't work. There's no shuffle button. I finally found Shuffle acting as a station at the bottom of the list. I clicked on it and there's no list of my stations to check/uncheck. It's absolutely empty and prompts me to adds songs or artists like it's a regular station.

As others said, shuffle shouldn't be this hard.

I'm on W10 with Firefox

datchoia751
Underground
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mcjeeps Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ithinktfiam The option to shuffle your stations can be found on the Now Playing screen:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 6.10.22 AM.png

You can also find it when sorting your collection by Stations:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 6.10.32 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

The great thing about the Android phone app is that there is only one screen... and the UI is, overall, pretty intuitive.  The desktop apps (esp. the Apple desktop app)... not so much! 

0 Kudos

ithinktfiam
Underground

No, it doesn't. When I click on shuffle, it provides two options. "All" and "Custom". When I click the second, it doesn't bring up the list of stations as it used to do, so I can't change the custom settings

That is the problem

0 Kudos