cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete an "album."

RRHaldeman
Underground

I have a Pandora Premium Account and use it on my iPad.  I have learned how to delete a "station:" and a "playlist" but cannot find a method or instructions on how to delete an "album".  I tried to send an email to Pandora on my PC, but even though I fill in all the blanks correctly, and tap send, the message never gets sent - and Pandora does not provide telephone support so I'm stuck.  Appreciate any help.

Moderator edit: Format

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RRHaldeman Nice to see you around the community.

To remove an album from your collection on a mobile device:

Tap on the album you'd like to remove then uncheck the Collected icon.
After the item is removed from your collection, (+) icon will show in place of the checkmark.

To remove album from your collection on the web:

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Locate the album you want to delete and hover over the album art.
  3. Click the ellipsis (three dots) and select Remove from your collection.

View solution in original post

33 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RRHaldeman Nice to see you around the community.

Tap on the album you'd like to remove then uncheck the Collected icon.
After the item is removed from your collection, (+) icon will show in place of the checkmark.

To remove album from your collection on the web:

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Locate the album you want to delete and hover over the album art.
  3. Click the ellipsis (three dots) and select Remove from your collection.

RRHaldeman
Underground

Thanks,

Wouldn't it be nice to easily locate these written instructions somewhere - for the novice?

I searched for over an hour all over the place and finally found this support location.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RRHaldeman Always happy to help.

For future reference, these steps can also be found on our help page listed here.

Enjoy the music! 🎧

RRHaldeman
Underground

Adam,

You referred me to this HELP item. I had already searched HELP and never found the correct instructions to delete and album on my iPad.

The HELP page you referred me to also brought up the following incorrect instructions:

To remove items from your collection on the web:

1. Go to My Collection.
2. Locate the item you want to delete and hover over the album art.
3. Click the ellipsis (three dots) and select either Remove from your collection or Delete Playlist.

Those instructions will not delete an album on an iPad; however, in your first reply to my request to find a way to delete an album from my iPad, you correctly noted the following steps:

1. Tap on the album you'd like to remove then uncheck the Collected icon.
2 After the item is removed from your collection, (+) icon will show in place of the checkmark.

That instruction actually worked. The elipse instruction does not work.

I repeat, wouldn't it be nice if the correct instructions to delete on an iPad (ios device) could easily be found by a novice?
Wouldn't it be nicer if, on a mobile device, deleting an album, station or playlist would essentially be identical?

ladibug340
Local Performer

Delete an album in premium.

4/6/2020...  You go to my collection.  Hover over the album (station) art and right click.  Click the red x.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RRHaldeman I see where the confusion is arising - the steps you referenced were steps on how to remove items from your collection on the web.

Directly above those instructions are the steps to o remove items from your collection on a mobile device (ex: iPad).

Hope this helps clarify! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ladibug340 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Were you having trouble removing an album from your collection with those steps?

If so, please let me know the make and model of the device you are using. 

0 Kudos

lilome77
Local Performer

I have an IPod. If I click on the “...” and press more (+) it changes it on the album main page where I can uncheck “collected” (a check mark) which switches into “collect” (+). I do not have to access the “...” to bring up the main album page with the check and (+). However, even when just at “collect” and (+), the album still appears on my screen and I would like to remove it completely. Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lilome77 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

I'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks for your patience.

Jas70
Local Performer

I followed the instructions and the album is still there. Now what?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jas70!  What's the name of the album? I'll take a closer look. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Arlinev
Local Performer

I cannot find the 3 dots

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arlinev Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

bbillups42
Underground

I have 1000s of hours on website...PANDORA's "3 dots" and "MORE" DO NOT offer deleting albums...Hours of wasted time...may as well close my account. NOTHING will delete any song or album.  I have a MAC LAPTOP...Pandora is the worst online connection I've ever had!

0 Kudos

@bbillups42 , this link I found in the troubleshoot section. When you click on the link it will of course take you to a new window. Once there scroll down to the next box, you will see this name AdamPandora, you will see the instructions for what you need to do. I hope this helps you. Take care and stay safe.  Solved: Re: How to delete an "album." - Pandora Community

MOHLovesAlaska

bbillups42
Underground

Well, I finally figured out WHAT to do...there is No "delete" button...but of the 3 images that show up... there is an "X"...so, I tried clicking on the "X"...and IT DISAPPEARED...

Directions need to be correct...not "hit the delete "....with no "DELETE"...but YES, to an "X"!!!!!

0 Kudos

NBROWN
Local Performer

There is no delete option anywhere when I go to try and delete an album or song or artist..so I would like to be able to do especially having a aynscretion

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NBROWN  I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to delete an "album."

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can remove an album from your collection.

In order to remove an artist from your collection, you will need to delete all collected content by that artist (stations/songs/albums).

Hope this helps!

Margot
Local Performer

these instructions do not delete an album or station from my collection.  I get Collecty, Add to playlist,Share, Start station from artist, Start station from songs.

NOWHERE can I find DELETE FROM COLLECTION.

0 Kudos