cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listen to a specific song with a Free/Plus account

Jay_Moonrock
Local Performer

So I always like to start my day listening to a song by Grimy Styles "Sound Czech" on my "Dub Fire" station and tha Pandora gods always played it for me as the first or second song everyday like they knew because I constantly requested it to be replayed and listen to free app ads and they would also play that song on a couple of my other stations but one day I decided to request it on this new feature they have on demand because I wanted to hear it specifically at a specific time so I listen to the ad in order to be able to hear it and ever since that day Pandora will no longer play that song for me on any of my stations even "Dub Fire" which like I said that used to play it multiple times a day cuz they knew I liked it I guess from how many times I asked it to be replayed but now I have to listen to it On Demand or just switch platforms over to YouTube cuz Pandora will no longer play it for me... WHY??? 🤯

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jay_Moonrock Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear a specific song that you want to on your regular radio station, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance).

Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Jay_Moonrock
Local Performer

I understand what you're saying about predicting the song being played in your licensing restrictions and so on but I'm here to tell you that I like that specific song so much that they played it on that station and the little button that you push the little arrow circle that means I want to hear that song again I would push that thing and listen to it and listen to the the ad that I had to listen to in order to get free replace and I would listen to that song over and over and over so many times that your algorithms or whatever it is that you guys use learned that I like that song and every day when I came outside and started my Pandora up invariably always started that song within the first three songs always... Then one day I wanted to hear it so I tried your on demand feature and I listen to the ad that it required me to listen to so I can hear it on demand and ever since that day it will no longer play that song on any of the stations.. .. how do you explain that other than now that it knows that I like that song it won't play it for me unless I pay for it that's the only way you can interpret that. .. wouldn't you agree?

TannerPandora

Hi @Jay_Moonrock 

As @AdamPandora mentioned, there's no way to know or control when or how often particular songs will play on a station for free Pandora. Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus Radio are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know. 

Additionally, ad-supported Pandora and Plus are governed by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which outlines restrictions that prevent predictability in the type of radio streaming that Pandora provides. 

If you'd prefer to have more control over what plays next, we encourage you to consider Pandora Premium as an option.

Thanks again for posting. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hullgoddess
Underground

that like two songs from that artist (artist a) are played and then never hear any more songs from

artist a.

That's ridiculous!  What's the point of having a station for someone and then pull that?

What makes it even worse is if I got to "artist b", then same thing, and then I hear songs from "artist a".

Pandora is not as good as it used to be.

A never-ending complaint by the listeners, but Pandora doesn't care, is that they took the ability for the

listener to move an "artist b" song from the "artist a" station, to the "artist b" station, where it actually belongs!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @hullgoddess - I moved your message over to an existing post on this here

I checked your account and see you are subscribed to the free version of Pandora. 

I understand that it can be frustrating not to hear a specific song that you want to on your regular radio station, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance).

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are governed by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which outlines restrictions that prevent predictability in the type of radio stream that Pandora provides.

Additionally, ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hullgoddess
Underground

Ok, that's all and good, but  1.  you didn't address the on-going complaint about NO LONGER

being able move songs to the appropriate artist.  2.  And because there are so many

"rules" about what comes up, then that feature in #1 makes it critical that we have that ability. 

0 Kudos

hullgoddess
Underground

And you know it's NOT about a specific song.  it's just being to hear *ANY* song from artist 1,

when I'm on the "artist 1" station. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

As previously mentioned @hullgoddess this is no longer a feature of Pandora but I do see that you've commented on the Feature Request for this. 

The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for a possible feature on Pandora. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Loveis4losers
Local Performer

OK! So why doesn't any good listening platforms have something that you can just listen to for free!? No charge. I just want to be able to music and the radio along with create playlists but I can't do that when I have to PAY! That is all I really want, all the other listening apps/websites are blocked from my use so I just wish I could listen to music when I work, I'm desperate!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Loveis4losers 

I understand your frustration, however, there is a way to listen to music on-demand with Pandora through our Premium Access Sessions.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

I hope this helps explain.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos