cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to create a station is greyed out

Rothlin_89
Local Performer

I've tried following the steps you listed, but after I watched the ad to get the premium session to listen to one of my favorite bands, Solence, The option to start a station from their music is greyed out. Everytime I click it, it just says "We couldn't start a station, returning you to your last playlist." I am very frustrated by this because it won't even tell me why.Pandora Problem.png

I can only play the album or individual songs. Pandora won't let me add any of their music to my stations so I can get their music mixed into my usual rotation. It won't even let me thumb up the song. What is going on here?

Moderator Edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
182 Replies

monkeey869
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue with the artist Shunt Trip. His album Coleman Street was just accepted to pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@monkeey869 Thanks for letting us know about this - I am going to forward your report over to our curation team so they can look into this further.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! :pandora:

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

pitchpipeman7
Local Performer

Hi,

I'm also having a similar problem adding the artist "Chelsea Brooke Olson" to my stations. The option to do so is greyed out and says that there's some issue with music licensing (not sure what that means). 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@pitchpipeman7 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 🤝

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can look into this further.

0 Kudos

gulu
Local Performer

Hi, I’m having the same issue with the artist Syence. It says I can’t create a station for them or any of their songs due to licensing issues, yet I’m able to fully play the tracks on their own. Would love to be able to create a station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Hey @gulu 👋🏽

I have passed your feedback along to the team who takes care of our collection so they can look into this further.

Thank you for reporting this! 🤝

0 Kudos

Nmwashburn
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue, for a week now EVERY single artist I try and create a station with or go to that artists “radio” it says “cannot create station, try again “ I mean every single artist. Nothing will let me play anything other than their popular songs or I can listen to stations I’ve already created. I can no longer create stations whatsoever anymore

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Nmwashburn I'm happy to look into this further on my end.

Can you please let me know the names of some of the artists you are unable to create stations for?

Additionally, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

mistergreene
Local Performer

I'm trying to start a station from the artist Mister Greene, and the option is grayed out. Also, there appears to be two separate artist entries, but it's clearly the same artist. What is the solution to this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mistergreene I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue.

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

gulu
Local Performer

Thank you so much Adam! I really appreciate this being fixed.

I’ve also noticed three songs with multiple artists for which this error occurs:

- How Bout Now by grandson and phem

- Again by grandson and Zero 9:36

- Universe (feat. Andreas Moss) by Syence

Again, thank you for monitoring this thread and being so responsive!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@gulu Always happy to help.

I have gone ahead and escalated your feedback regarding not being able to start stations with the following tracks:

• How Bout Now by grandson and phem
  • Again by grandson and Zero 9:36

I did take a look at the third track you mentioned, and it looks like there is an option to create a station.

Here is a link to that station along with what I am seeing: Universe (feat. Andreas Moss) by Syence

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 5.13.56 AM.png

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

idontneedaname
Local Performer

You've been escalating this issue same to the curation team for at least nine months... The thread says "Solved," but it very obviously is not... but thanks in advance, AdamPandora.

Anyway, I've seen a BUNCH of artists say "can't make a station," but I didn't google it until now. Current artists that are saying it: SHLAKOBLOCHINA and Maruv

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 10/04/20:

If you are on an artist page and are unable to start a station due to the option being "greyed out" then we will need to escalate that feedback to our curation team so they can resolve it on their end.

To do this, you can reply to this thread with the name of the artist/track you are unable to create a station for.

Thanks for working with us on this! 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@idontneedaname Thank you for pointing that out.

I went ahead and posted an update to this thread to provide a proper explanation on the escalation process for these reports. 

I have sent our curation team your specific feedback as well so that they can further investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 

0 Kudos

vitalsector
Local Performer

Hi,

I'm having the same issue for artist "Vaskar", cannot create station on any of their song under the EP, Songs from the moon. Please advise.

Thanks,

Vitalsector

0 Kudos

kecorneli
Local Performer

I cannot start all sorts of stations when I am logged in. Today it's Seu Jorge. I find when I open a new browser and go to pandora with out being logged in I can play Seu Jorge radio no problem. Last week it was a variety of classical stations including Classical for Studying Radio.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@vitalsector Thank you for reporting this.

I went ahead and escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@kecorneli I believe you may be running into a separate issue.

This thread is for artists or tracks where the Start Station button is greyed out. 

I double checked on my end, and do see that the option to create a station for Seu Jorge is available - here is what I am seeing:

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 7.22.30 AM.png

Here is a link to that station: Seu Jorge

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

seanjfarrell
Local Performer

I am unable to create a station or play top songs for the artist Sean Jane. This applies to his EP "Departure" and all of the individual songs on it. I am also getting the error "Due to our music licenses, this artist isn't available for station listening." Thanks for any help. Here is a screenshot.

seanjfarrell_0-1602339650885.png

0 Kudos