cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to create a station is greyed out

Rothlin_89
Local Performer

I've tried following the steps you listed, but after I watched the ad to get the premium session to listen to one of my favorite bands, Solence, The option to start a station from their music is greyed out. Everytime I click it, it just says "We couldn't start a station, returning you to your last playlist." I am very frustrated by this because it won't even tell me why.Pandora Problem.png

I can only play the album or individual songs. Pandora won't let me add any of their music to my stations so I can get their music mixed into my usual rotation. It won't even let me thumb up the song. What is going on here?

Moderator Edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
181 Replies

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @Skudz787!

I escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can take a closer look. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Skudz787
Underground

Sorry, I meant to send this one as well. Box of Tapes 2, same issue: https://www.pandora.com/artist/various-artists/box-of-tapes-2-explicit/ALZ4rj9Khknp7cK

Thank you for your help, and by the way, whoever is doing your 90's hip-hop acquisitions is doing an awesome job. I haven't heard some of these tracks in decades.

0 Kudos

kclee6337
Local Performer

Greyed out create station for Casey Marquette. Went live Dec. 15 

0 Kudos

CPM
Local Performer

I’d like to add Bring the Snow by Sam Palladio to my Christmas station, but the option is greed out.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Skudz787 There isn't actually a way to create stations based off of specific albums.

What you can do though is create a station based off of one of the specific tracks or artists on that album you linked.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

I've escalated your feedback to the team who manages our collection, @kclee6337.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CPM What is the name of the Christmas station you are unable to add variety to?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Skudz787
Underground

Hmmm, that doesn't appear to be the case with this album. None of the tracks or artists are eligible for starting stations as they are all greyed out. The artists links on each specific track link back to the album itself.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Skudz787 It looks like the tracks on the album are eligible for station creation.

If you see any specific ones that are greyed out, please let me know the name of that track.

That being said you are correct in that the artists themselves are greyed out for station creation.

I have passed that feedback along to the team who helps take care of our collection so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

Skudz787
Underground

No problem, thank you for responding! That's odd that you are seeing tracks that are eligible for station creation because I am not seeing any on either Chronicle Of Two Losers or Box of Tapes 2. Here's what I'm seeing on all tracks. Box of Tapes 2.JPG

0 Kudos

CPM
Local Performer

I created a station called Christmas radio. The Sam song can be searched for and played independently. However, there’s no option to start a station around it. Also, when I do a search for the song while trying to add variety to my station, BtS doesn’t appear in the search results.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CPM Would it be possible to send me either a link to that track, or a screenshot of it?

I just want to make sure I report the correct track to our curation team.

Thanks for the help with this! 

0 Kudos

plg6
Local Performer

The option to create a station is greyed out for the artist Cora Ellen Luke. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@plg6 I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the team who manages our collection.

Thanks for reporting this!

0 Kudos

weallknownada
Local Performer

Syster Sol - Flamman

HAPPi PEACE & LOVE! : P

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @weallknownada!

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team for further review. 

0 Kudos

Zakkukarp
Local Performer

Just found this thread.

Can't seem to make a station from Divide Music.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Zakkukarp
Local Performer

Same with Blue Encount's music

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thank you for reporting these, @Zakkukarp.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos

Keepthefate
Local Performer

Hi I’m having this issue with 2 artists “Loser Birds” and “Red Ledger” could you look into this? Thanks!

0 Kudos