cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 03/03/22: Shuffle button is missing/unresponsive

catmarierose
Local Performer

I see other people have this problem and I hope this can be fixed as I love pandora. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and that did not fix it. Other suggestions please? I don't want to have to get rid of it. I'm having this problem on my android phone. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (03/03/22):

Hi again, everyone! 👋

We believe this issue is now resolved and will be closing this thread from future replies.

You may need to run through the following troubleshooting steps (whichever one is applicable to your device) if you haven't already done so:

If you continue to experience issues with this, please create a new thread in the My Collection space and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
55 Replies

Dslbaseball
Local Performer

Hi. I have been a pandora user for a long time and love using the shuffle stations feature. Just got a new iPhone 13 and the shuffle button has disappeared. I have tried logging out, logging back in and deleting app, redownloading. How do I get that functionality back?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@catmarierose Can you please provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Paha1345
Underground

Shuffle All gone on android, unresponsive on iphone

Hello, I've been listening to pandora for years and love variety. I almost exclusively play all stations on shuffle. I recently had to create a whole new account and not thumbs up anything because my original account would only play the same 15 or so songs despite 100+ stations.  As of today, the shuffle all button does not work on my work iPhone and is gone all together on my android. I have a screenshot at the ready. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paha1345 Would it be possible to send over the screenshot you mentioned?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dslbaseball. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your shuffle.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you're seeing when this happens?

We'd also like to pass this along to our engineering team. Could you share your device details?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 13
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Paha1345
Underground

Screenshot_20220302-123738.png

 The shuffle button used to be at the top. This is on my android phone. On my work iPhone, same account, the button is still there but does not respond to any sort of press/hold/swipe. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @Paha1345.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps on each of your devices: 

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (03/02/22):

Hi everyone! 👋

We have received some reports where the option to Shuffle your stations is either missing or unresponsive.

If you haven't already done so, please make sure to run through the following troubleshooting steps (whichever one is applicable to your device):

If this does not resolve the issue, please grab a screenshot of what you are seeing, and send it in a reply to this thread.

Thanks everyone! 

Paha1345
Underground

Thanks! Rebooted, restarted, cleared cache etc. Did not fix on either device. No settings or any other changes to either device have been made between when shuffle worked and now. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paha1345 I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about each of your devices?

Android device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

iOS Device:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Paha1345
Underground

Android:

Sony Xperia Xz2 compact

Verizon 

Android 10

Build 52.1.A.3.137

Security just says 'updated to latest...' 

Pandora version 2201.1

Both wifi and data. 

IPhone:

IPhone 7

Verizon 

Ios 14.6

Pandora version 2008.2

Wifi and data. 

No pattern other than it worked on both yesterday, doesn't today 🤷‍♂️

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paha1345 I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team regarding this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Jefffry
Local Performer

B4CCB184-A02E-47C3-831C-D1DAF86A614E.png

 I’ve run the troubleshooting for iOS and had no luck after that. It was working earlier under a different account, but when I logged into a new one it was no longer responsive on either account. 

The button is there, it just doesn’t do anything. If I’m playing a station and hit the shuffle, it takes me back to the station that is already playing. 

0 Kudos

Dslbaseball
Local Performer

iPhone 13

T-Mobile

Both

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 4.45.26 AM.png

0 Kudos

lisabbgsmith53
Local Performer

Hey i'm having trouble finding my shuffle option button today, It worked yesterday.. I already did the trouble shooting and everything i'm still having issues 

I really miss and love the shuffle mode it allowed me to listen to all diversity of music 🎶 

Help plz 🙏🏼 

0 Kudos

Etownhustla
Local Performer

The shuffle option is completely missing for me 

Screenshot_20220302-172552.png

0 Kudos

Roblondo
Local Performer

Been a premium subscriber for a while now, but with the recent update it has broke my shuffle stations.. there's no icon for it with the new update, seems to be there on the songs collection but not on shuffle, hopefully it's just a bug and can be sorted out promptly ..

Thanks

Screenshot_20220302-164933_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20220302-164920_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20220302-164902_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

Civilstudent
Local Performer

I've lost the capability to shuffle my stations. I've un-installed and reinstalled. Still no options in my collection. Has anyone been able to solve this issue? 

0 Kudos

Kletts00
Local Performer

Screenshot_20220302-221052_Pandora.jpg

 this is the top of my stations list and shuffle is missing I did the troubleshooting steps and it's still missing.

0 Kudos