cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/04/20: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected

FLgrl81
Local Performer

I can only listen to one station now!! Very frustrating and I'm honestly about to cancel my subscription altogether. It doesn't matter what device I'm on... I have went back and manually clicked the shuffle button next to each station but it's still only playing one particular station..... I've never had this issue until about 3 days ago.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
55 Replies

Aitch
Underground

Hiya Alyssa,

The stations have returned, but now every time I open Pandora, I have to re-select which stations I want to shuffle. This takes a long time as I shuffle a lot of stations! Is there a way to save it, so I am not wasting so much time every day? It might be worth mentioning I use Pandora on two different computers, An android phone, A firestick, a Chromecast, and an LG smart TV... Thanks for the help! =]

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming those details, @Aitch

I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds similar to what you're experiencing: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected 

Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they are working on it.

We have a ticket for this specific issue and I've shared your feedback with our engineering team to investigate further.

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Alchemist
Local Performer

I have the same issue, using Chrome web browser on a desktop. Custom shuffle is greyed out, check marks don't stick. Selected stations go away when I log back in. Also Can't tell what station a song belongs to anymore.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wmbbjohn @Alchemist Thank you for reporting this.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

DCFournet
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, the selected stations are not identified once Pandora is reloaded.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DCFournet Thank you for posting this information.

Our engineers are still looking into this - thank you for all your patience as they investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

crestfest
Local Performer

Yes, that's the same problem I'm having.  It's no longer possible to tell which stations are being shuffled.

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @crestfest. I've added your info to our ticket. 

Thanks for your patience while our engineers continue to investigate this issue. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

steadyincome411
Underground

I am just about sick of Pandora.
PC Windows 10 (45 yrs with computers).

Forgot my password
Erased my Shuffle stations
Reset them (it kept a single station until I did it again)
Closed last night, new open and NO Station selections.
Have to do it ALL again..
This is a constant BS issue with Pandora. Not only won't it remember, but it changes into a single station frequently enough. It forgets the login. It won't auto play the station, but it's set properly on my system.

Tick Tock...

lorenmcc
Local Performer

Having the same issue with Windows 10.  This happens in Chrome, Firefox and the Pandora App.  I can set "Shuffle all" but then it switches at some point to "custom" and no channels are selected and can't be selected, and I can't set "shuffle all" wthout refreshing the browers, or restarting the browser or app.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@steadyincome411 Sorry for any trouble.

Shuffled stations getting de-selected:

This is a known issue that our engineers are currently investigating. I have passed your feedback along to them as well.

Thanks for your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

Website not remembering login:

You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

If you're having to sign in each time you open Pandora, here are a few things to check:

• In your browser, make sure you don't have a setting selected that deletes your cookies or browsing history upon exit.
  • Are you using the add-on/extensions Better Privacy or Flashblock? If so, make sure to allow Pandora within them, so you won't be signed out automatically.
  • Are you using CCleaner or ATF to remove temporary files from your machine?
  • Are you running security software such as Norton Internet Security? Some of those suites do "cookie cleaning," which might cause this.

Let me know what you find.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lorenmcc Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

Thank you for your patience as they work to find a fix! 

0 Kudos

shawn1
Underground

I've created a custom shuffle list of about 6 stations. I've checked the appropriate round white boxes. After a little time has passed the custom shuffle still plays but the round blue boxes have turn back to white. Is there a fix for this? Thanks 

mike44
Opening Act

I am having the same problem.  The custom shuffle list shows all stations as unmarked to shuffle.

It works if one follows these steps:

1.  Select shuffle All

2.  Deselect some stations to unshuffle. (auto switches to custom)

3.  The custom list correctly shows which stations are included in the custom shuffle

The problem is here:

1. Refresh the station page

2. Shuffle shows as custom, but All stations show as unmarked

It appears this is a problem when the page loads, it is failing to show which stations are included in the Custom shuffle. Even though it appears the custom shuffle is working (playing correct stations), the problem appears to be on the stations page showing which stations are in the custom shuffle.

These types of errors occur because of too much dependence on unit tests, and not enough focus on integration tests, or end-to-end UI tests.

I am running Windows10, using Chrome browser.  This problem started around first week of May, 2020

0 Kudos

mike44
Opening Act
0 Kudos

steadyincome411
Underground

The lost login issue was several days, it's fine now.

No auto setting to delete cookies.
I have CC, but it has not been used in over 30 for sure.
I believe my remembrance is 60.

I have AdBlock on Firefox, but it's been disabled for Pandora more than 2 months and my remembrance is at least 90.
I have Avast (not a suite) and to my knowledge it's not set to auto delete cookies or any other issues.
It's the free version.

The main issue now is that there are NO stations checkboxed though it does now play shuffle.
You just can't see what you set.

shawn1
Underground

Thanks mike44,

My stations are still there, it's just that the boxes become unchecked.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mike44 Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working on finding a fix for this.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update 05/24/20: Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working on finding a fix. 🛠

Please keep an eye out on this thread as I will provide an update once this has been resolved.

Thanks for your patience! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shawn1 I merged your post with this thread since you reported a similar issue.

Our engineers are aware of this and are currently working on finding a fix.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos