cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rap music playing on Christmas station/Shuffle

Cjps69
Local Performer

Once again I am using shuffle to listen to my Christmas music, Journey, Hall & Oats, Air Supply and Military songs and once again I am getting RAP and Foreign language music. I hate rap and do not know any foreign languages. How is pandora going to fix this

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Cjps69 - thanks for following up, I've let our engineers know. 

In the meantime, I've also looked into your station list and noticed a few things that may help improve your listening experience. 

I'm not seeing that you're rating songs with Thumbs Up very much.

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb info, however, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like.

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb up and down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

This also means that you can use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station. For example, you might want to give a song you like a Thumb Down if you think it will bring in a certain type of music you'd prefer to not have on that station. Don't be afraid to rate songs (you can always edit your stations later if you don't like the direction your station is going or if you'd like to mix things up).

For example:

• The station 'Funny Radio' currently has 54 thumbs down and 0 thumbs up. I'd recommend  thumbing up the songs that you do like help bring in the type of music you'd like to hear and add more vareity. 
  • For your station '80s Christmas Radio' you have thumbed up the song 'Christmas in Hollis' by Run-D.M.C. Since Run-D.M.C fall under the rap genre, this will bring additional songs related to this song. If you thumbed this up by accident, be sure to edit the station and remove the song from your thumbs up list. If you need help editing your station, let me know.

I hope this will help your station listening experience. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cjps69 We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I've forwarded this to the people who take care of the collection. We'll look into it ASAP.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cjps69 Our engineers have requested for some additional assistance with this.

So they can pinpoint the station the out of place tracks are playing from when shuffling, it would be helpful if you could thumb down the next rap song that plays when streaming Pandora.

Let me know when that has been done, and I'll relay that information over to them.

Thanks for all your help with this! 

Cjps69
Local Performer

It has been done and I am still getting offensive stuff as well as rap

TannerPandora

Hi @Cjps69 - thanks for following up, I've let our engineers know. 

In the meantime, I've also looked into your station list and noticed a few things that may help improve your listening experience. 

I'm not seeing that you're rating songs with Thumbs Up very much.

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb info, however, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like.

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb up and down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

This also means that you can use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station. For example, you might want to give a song you like a Thumb Down if you think it will bring in a certain type of music you'd prefer to not have on that station. Don't be afraid to rate songs (you can always edit your stations later if you don't like the direction your station is going or if you'd like to mix things up).

For example:

• The station 'Funny Radio' currently has 54 thumbs down and 0 thumbs up. I'd recommend  thumbing up the songs that you do like help bring in the type of music you'd like to hear and add more vareity. 
  • For your station '80s Christmas Radio' you have thumbed up the song 'Christmas in Hollis' by Run-D.M.C. Since Run-D.M.C fall under the rap genre, this will bring additional songs related to this song. If you thumbed this up by accident, be sure to edit the station and remove the song from your thumbs up list. If you need help editing your station, let me know.

I hope this will help your station listening experience. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport