Underground

Why are some of my collected songs unavailable or grayed out 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Toyo I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song. 

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Hope this helps explain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
50 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sageone73 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Sageone73
Underground

Hello Adam,

I sent the information. I have not received an answer as to why the problem is happening or what the fix is. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sageone73 It doesn't look like any additional information has been given on this thread yet.

Can you please try sending that info once more?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

daddykassing
Local Performer

Why cant I listen to some songs again even with a paid subscription? Is says something about licensing or something. .. doesn't stay on screen very long

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@daddykassing The reason why some songs will not allow you to replay or even add to a playlist is due to licencing agreement with the artists.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @daddykassing. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only

@UncleBud is correct. Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song. 

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Toyo
Local Performer

The song by artist  Terry Flowers - Where are you now) is not playing! 
message song is not available for playback can you fix?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Toyo I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song. 

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

gies542
Local Performer

I can't add Eminence Front by the Who to a playlist. Occasionally, I run across this on other songs. Is this a licensing issue on the song?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gies542 It looks like we have two versions of that track in our library:

You should be able to add the first track linked above to your playlist.

Let me know if you run into any issues with that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Radio Only tracks:

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Greywlf69
Local Performer

Unavailable songs 

Why are some artist’s songs showing up as Unavailable while others aren’t? I browsed through my collection and saw about a dozen Arch Enemy songs back-to-back that are now unavailable.

0 Kudos

paintaballguy02
Local Performer

i thought the point of premium was so you could listen to what you want and not have to worry about licensing sounds kind of like pandora doesnt want to pay for the license at the expense of the paying customers. premium is advertised as being able to listen to whatever whenever. just wondering what i am paying for

0 Kudos

codyp2026
Local Performer

Hello,

I have tried to add the song “ready, aim, fire” by imagine dragons to my playlist. Despite paying for premium  it keeps saying that song is ONLY available for radio playback and doesn’t let me add it to my playlist despite the fact that other songs from the station can be added to my playlist. 
tips?

43E2ADDD-DFE4-4530-9D7D-4E424D38370B.png

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @codyp2026 👋

Thanks for posting and nice to see you around in the community!

To keep things organize I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only.

Hope this helps explain.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

codyhildebrand4
Local Performer

Why is so much music being labeled as radio only or unavailable

That shouldn't mean anything when the artist is dead all I hear is excuses

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@codyhildebrand4 If there are albums or tracks labeled as Radio Only that you'd like to suggest we make available for on demand listening, feel free to post your suggestions here: Music Suggestions

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

swanedxsong
Local Performer

I’ve heard that songs are unavailable based on the country you’re located in or your region. What are Pandora’s licensing restrictions?

0 Kudos

swanedxsong
Local Performer

The song isn’t there but the name of the artist is still visible. Why would the song not be showing on Pandora anymore?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@swanedxsong Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos